Archived Any truth that Target May separate Market/SBux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that Target may separate Starbucks and Market and have separate TLs for each like it used to be. Any body else heard about that?

I've seen stores with a Starbucks specific TL, and Food service TL (Food Avenue and Starbucks) Labeling this as old news

That’s how it already is at my store.
Are you guys modernized? Were they together at one time?
I've seen stores with a Starbucks specific TL, and Food service TL (Food Avenue and Starbucks) Labeling this as old news
I’m only asking because at our store they used to be their own thing and then they combined consumables/market with Starbucks/Cafe and it’s been a disaster. Heard some rumors that they might go back to having specific tls.

I am a FS TL with both Cafe and SBUX. There is a store in our district with Market+SBUX TL..... its a shit show.....

Is it a shit show?
Edit:- shi*

It took a month or two for me to understand the order process. Mostly what products were most used in Starbucks. Now we are comping up in both departments. Managing the two can be exhausting. I have good trainers in SB and team members who can run Market when my attention is needed in Starbucks.

They combined ours a couple of years ago and then termed that TL because he couldn't do both. Surprise, surprise. Their replacement quit during training at another store, and their replacement quit after two days on the job at our store. They asked our SrTL-Log to take the job and they said they would only take it if it was only market. So, they did, and gave Sbux back to the TL for Guest Services. She left after a couple of months. We now have a dedicated Sbux TL.

The Food TL at my store is market + cafe + starbucks, it’s a big mess. The closest store to mine (same district etc) has separate TLs for market and Starbucks (they have no cafe) for some reason, they’re pretty much the same volume as ours too.

Some are separated and some aren’t, regardless of volume. I haven’t found any common factors between who gets a SBux/FS TL and who just has a Food TL

Reactions: Dog
Most stores in my area have one TL over all of it and it’s awful. Heck, some of the stores with a TL for just Starbucks (and maybe food ave) struggle a lot. I’m one of the lucky few that only has Starbucks and nothing else.

Fr
Some are separated and some aren’t, regardless of volume. I haven’t found any common factors between who gets a SBux/FS TL and who just has a Food TL
When they started this towards the beginning of FY2017, it was strictly based on sales volume of the entire store, and I think it’s still that way. Not every store follows it though. Some of them realize how different those 3 work centers are and they have one of the sales floor TLs take market and rearrange the areas for the rest of the sales floor TLs. One store in my district didn’t even know that they were supposed to have one TL for all of food; they completely misinterpreted things when it changed and no one noticed until I spoke to the STL, who then said he wasn’t going to change it.

Nah, a store that’s an A volume level and comping negatively for a few years just got separate food TL and SBux TL, the rest of the district are B, C, and AA stores all have one TL who oversees all of food. There’s no real reasoning, it’s a case by case basis. I’ve heard either a SF TL position was taken away or a new TL position was granted to make a SBux TL but that’s a rumor. I also have a prototype store near me that only has a food TL over everything so I’m pretty sure it’s a case by case basis.

Lower vol stores in my area have SB + food.
We're hi-vol & still have Cafe + SB so we have our own TL.

There is role for just food service in the new plan, but I don’t think it will apply to a lot of stores since there is a combined role still too.

I know that all the Super Targets in my State all have just a Food Service Lead overseeing Starbucks/Cafe. I'm the lucky one that doesn't have a Target Cafe anymore and only run Starbucks. The pFresh Targets in my district also only run a Food Service Lead too. Granted 80% of my State is in running the Modernization "pilot" that everyone else will experience pretty soon...

Appreciate all the responses guys. Been hearing that it may or may not happen for us. Would love it if they did because I would be a good fit for the market side of things but I know NOTHING about Starbucks and if I would have to handle that, idk how that would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back