1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to gain access to logistics email?

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by tmap98, Aug 12, 2017 at 8:40 PM.

1. tmap98

tmap98 Backroom & Flexible Fulfillment Team Member

Hello everyone,

Currently I'm a backroom TM at my store and I don't have an email as I'm keyed in as a Flexable Fulfillment TM.

However my store currently doesn't have a Backroom TL and our ETLLOG is overnight only so my team and I never see him. There is currently no efficient way to get in contact with him for anything.

So my question is, is it possible for me to gain access to my stores TXXXX.LOG@target.com mailbox so that I may send/receive messages to my ETL? I see no other way to effectively communicate with him as we barely see him and notes are typically thrown away before he sees them. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 9:50 PM
  2. SrTLall

SrTLall Team Trainer

You would need your own Target e-mail address in order to link it to the LOG account.

3. EagleEye

EagleEye APTL

TXXXX.LOG is a group created in the system that contains the current ETL-LOG's email for that store, so all email that is sent to TXXXX.LOG is sent to your ETL LOG

Hardlinesmaster and HRZone like this.
  4. Lazy

Lazy Backroom TL

Have you tried putting notes in his mailbox?

5. OP
    OP
    tmap98

We have. He doesn't seem to check his mailbox often, or he just doesn't care.

6. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

Make a group me

7. OP
    OP
    tmap98

Is there a way I can easily communicate with him on the app? Or will I need to hunt him down and get his id?

8. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

You have to get him into the group.

9. wiredharpoon

wiredharpoon New Team Member

Email is tricky to get. In order to get access to email, you need to have the correct jobcode assigned to you as there is no way to give access to a single team member. If you work in receiving you should get with your ETL/SR HR and have them key your job code as a receiving team member. Otherwise you are just going to have to have someone else send an email for you.

HRZone likes this.
  10. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

If you know the email address can't you just email him/her from any account? When I was on a medical LOA, I was given the ETL HR's Target email addy in order to keep her updated on my situation. Seems to me if you knew the ETL's Target email address you could send him or her email from any account whether you were in the system or not. Or is this no longer possible? I mean when I did it it was admittedly several years ago.

11. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

Partner with a dayside ETL or your STL for whatever you need.

I just went to my STL when we didn't have an ETL-Log or a BRTL.

12. StaticSun

StaticSun Former Front-End Guru Administrator

Unless you're the ETL-LOG, you won't have access to TXXXX.LOG@target.com. No way around it.

You need to be keyed in the HR system as a specific job code to get email. Receiving TM might have it, but otherwise you'd need to be a GSA or something similar to get email.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  13. SitSpotSit

SitSpotSit Team Member

Be a pain in someone else's ass and they'll figure out a way for you to communicate with the ETL!! :p

14. jb08045

jb08045 Team Leader

What do you need to tell them anyway?

15. 60SecondsRemaining

60SecondsRemaining Former SrTL - Replen

Way back when I was a tm without email, I had my receiver set up an auto forward to my etl for any emails containing a certain subject line.

I would email my receiver from my personal gmail I set up for work, then it would be auto forwarded to him.

For whatever reason (unsure if it's still like this) certain email groups could not receive outside emails.

Hardlinesmaster likes this.