Anyone else annoyed that you have to wait for the Guest to click cancel if they dont want circle?

At the beginning of the transaction just say to the guest "While I'm ringing this up, if you are part of our Target Circle please enter your phone number to collect your points. If you're not, please touch the word "skip", and if you'd like to join Circle to save just let me know and I can help you with that." They'll be finished by the time you are and nobody is waiting.

Yes, but when theres other Guests waiting, you can almost feel their glares.
Oh of course. We can help our guests to move along as fast as we can but the guest will do, move as fast, listen etc…as they want too. If our company dosent listen to feedback and we workaround any way we can then ultimately 9.5 times out of 10 TARGET fails the guest by NOT doing what’s best for them. I’m way more annoyed they rolled out software updates with zero support store level having lines a mile long because you are adding zero hours for fos qtr4.
Having to move a guest from new to traditional then completely start over… Skip… never phases me.

Oh of course. We can help our guests to move along as fast as we can but the guest will do, move as fast, listen etc…as they want too. If our company dosent listen to feedback and we workaround any way we can then ultimately 9.5 times out of 10 TARGET fails the guest by NOT doing what’s best for them. I’m way more annoyed they rolled out software updates with zero support store level having lines a mile long because you are adding zero hours for fos qtr4.
Having to move a guest from new to traditional then completely start over… Skip… never phases me.
I think rolling out software updates with no prior warning is the problem.

I am sure when they finally put OPU into Workday it will just show up one day. You are better off waiting until Q1 2022.

At the beginning of the transaction just say to the guest "While I'm ringing this up, if you are part of our Target Circle please enter your phone number to collect your points. If you're not, please touch the word "skip", and if you'd like to join Circle to save just let me know and I can help you with that." They'll be finished by the time you are and nobody is waiting.

Too long, I'll be like, "Target Circle or nah?"

I am trying to train folks so they know that it is a question they have to answer, even if the answer is skip. While checking them out if they don't make a move toward the keypad I start saying something like- if you are a member of Target's saving club Circle I can scan your bar code, or you can click on the keypad an put in your circle rewards number; otherwise you can tap on skip. For children under 16 without their parents, and people who completely don't seem to understand what I am saying- either speak a different language or are hearing impaired or very confused, I will push skip for them. If they ask me to repeat or explain what circle is I will. If they seem to understand everything else I am saying but don't move to tap then I repeat the request to tap on skip on the keypad.

Did this today it helped big time thanks.

What is Karen is on the phone or talking with another guest etc…

What is Karen is on the phone or talking with another guest etc…
Then you finish ringing them up, tell the next guest that you'll be with them in a moment, and when Karen or Skippy stops yapping to tell you nothing's working you tell them "I'm sorry, I can't continue your transaction until you choose to enter your phone number to get your 1% savings or choose the word "skip" if you don't use the app."

Back