Archived Anyone else doing Four by Fours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we just got word last week our DTL wants us to do four by four walks of every aisle in the store every day. (Any four foot section with four or more outs, you zone, fill from secondary locations, zero counts/research/pull from back room, or mysupport if true out).

I'm not really sure how they expect it to get done every aisle every day, in addition to all the other tasks we already have. I have a feeling Instocks metrics are going to get destroyed. And really, is Q4 the best time to try to roll this out???

I think I was warned about something similar. The last couple days have been filled with Research batches just in prep for this extra "deep inspection." Gonna be pulling a lot o crap.

Scans with locations is no longer a weighted metric, so scan away!

Scans with locations is no longer a weighted metric, so scan away!

For real?? When did this happen? Our scans with loc score has been horrendous lately. It got so bad that instocks was switching to making EXF OUTS batches instead. Not that that helps the EXF score... Also doesn't help that I had a couple batches on Friday that were basically POG fills.

I started on my 4x4s yesterday! I think it's a good idea since instocks is a huge opportunity for my store.

My ETL-Log told me about it around a week ago. The goal now is to get the floor full for Q4. So instocks has been doing their normal thing, but has also been scanning non-critical lows if they are fairly light. Maybe it's just my group or region or something though. I'd check with someone at your store.

So 4 times a day, the entire sales floor is going to be scanning and researching stuff on the sales floor while CAF pulls are being done?

No way that is going to backfire horribly.

I didn't read it as 4 times a day. I read it as one 4 foot section with 4 or more outs are to be zoned, filled from secondary locations, and researched daily. 4x4. 4 times a day would just be overkill and have the potential to destroy the accumulator.

I didn't read it as 4 times a day. I read it as one 4 foot section with 4 or more outs are to be zoned, filled from secondary locations, and researched daily. 4x4. 4 times a day would just be overkill and have the potential to destroy the accumulator.

My bad, read too many fours in the OP.

So our store is doing this. Which means more research pulls for backroom. Which dear lord, we did not need today. Thankfully, scans with locs is not weighted and hasn't been for two weeks (I asked). I understand why it's important, but...

Pfffft, mysupport every true out? What a waste of time. Half of the outs are on the weekly in stock update, in which case mysupport will do nothing to help you. :wacko:

There is currently no inventory in the pipeline..........If we applied maintenance at this time it could result in mis-allocations for your store.......

Sound Familiar?

Oh, and with all payroll going into the VIBE, where are we supposed to pull the time from to do this? How about instead we just make our InStocks teams more effective?? Isn't that what they are there for? You know? Keeping us in stock?

Oh, and with all payroll going into the VIBE, where are we supposed to pull the time from to do this? How about instead we just make our InStocks teams more effective?? Isn't that what they are there for? You know? Keeping us in stock?

The idea is for the leadership team to take ownership of parts of the store. 30-45 minutes of each day should be spent by them, doing the whole 4x4 deal. Research batches from the instocks team should actually get smaller as the leads will be taking care of a large chunk of the workload. Mind you I don't trust most of the leadership in my store to backstock properly let alone do instocks correctly.

The idea is for the leadership team to take ownership of parts of the store. 30-45 minutes of each day should be spent by them, doing the whole 4x4 deal. Research batches from the instocks team should actually get smaller as the leads will be taking care of a large chunk of the workload. Mind you I don't trust most of the leadership in my store to backstock properly let alone do instocks correctly.

I get all of that... but the direction we have received is every aisle every day. And sure, if miraculously we suddenly start getting all the merchandise, it could go pretty quickly. But... that isn't realistic. And then with the drive we have now for every single true out to be flexed... Yeah, I'm not sure where the payroll is supposed to come from. Especially since we have no TMs in the store til 11 or 12.

We were also just told no backer paper, even supergraphics, visible. Which with some endcaps really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

You know, this reminds me of the "Top 2500" thing we used to do. We used to have to research the top selling 2500 items in the store every single day regardless of whether or not it was empty and in addition to normal research scanning. It was ultimately a complete waste of time. The batches rarely pulled anything out of the backroom and confirming the outs as being true outs every single day didn't magically make them appear on the truck. It got cancelled within a year if I remember correctly.

This is kind of how my store wants to approach this instocks focus for Q4. I think it could be good and help everyone understand instocks better, but it will be a huge time commitment for everyone. As long as we don't get crazy with flexing in non MPG/PTM aisles then it won't drive me completely insane.

My stores DTL wanted it done by the next morning.

when was "zoning to planogram" a new thing.. I thought that's how it was supposed to be. I think we are over researching anyway. I don't know about everyone else store but we have way too much clearance. This is leading me to think that if we keep "suggesting" that we don't have the stuff in and we get too much of it and it doesn't sell, it goes clearance. Then we flex this extra stuff in spots for things that are truly out.. Instocks comes through and doesn't catch the true out and so the too much too late cycle begins.... Smh. 4x4

This is kind of how my store wants to approach this instocks focus for Q4. I think it could be good and help everyone understand instocks better, but it will be a huge time commitment for everyone. As long as we don't get crazy with flexing in non MPG/PTM aisles then it won't drive me completely insane.

We were told that if it isn't a ptm/mpg aisle, don't flex it. This of course doesn't account for electronics. Though the idea seems to be to use flip labels so that it is obvious it has been flexed and the actual price is underneath to be scanned by instocks or pushed by flow. Flow is more liable to leave the flexed product in its place though.

I attempted to do mine today. I own 6 depts and was able to get through 3 of them. We were just told to scan all outs. So my question is, can I use the outs app in the PDA now?

Last edited:
I actually heard a couple ETLs talking about this today. Our district lady has been around for a week or so, prepping us I guess. Our store is already insanely busy (#1 Seasonal sales in the company, biggest backroom warehouse in the company...) and it's going to be really sucky if we have to deal with this too. I've been training like a madwoman, doing pulls, setting/filling POGs, and of course, helping out guests every 40 seconds. Zone and re-shop is already in a nosedive. Sad face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back