Archived Anyone else feel Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in my 2 weeks and I feel a little guilty and scared. Scared I won’t find anything else decent enough. Anyone else leaving?

You shouldn’t feel guilty. If you felt like getting out then get out. A job should make you feel stressed. Just pound the pavement and apply for jobs online as well. Or go to your local workforce force/temp agencies for help.

Don’t feel guilty, if Spot treated people better they wouldn’t be losing so many. Just keep looking for a better job, maybe you can get some good leads from your family and friends for a job that is more rewarding and less intense. If there’s a job that you’ve always dreamed of doing and can swing going to school even part time that might be a good option to consider for your future. There is life after Target. Enjoy it. Good luck!

Why feel guilty for leaving an hourly retail job? Especially the way things are going with spot, you are better off elsewhere.
And as far as finding another job? Dont worry about it, The job market is incredibly robust right now. Apply everywhere and apply aggressively, go on job boards, www.indeed.com is my fav. Use temp agencies if you need to. You can easily find jobs that will actually schedule you 40 hours a week with benefits, and pay you a living wage, instead of the poverty hours/wages spot gives its employees to "Own a Business".

Last edited:
Do NOT feel guilty. Once you are it several things happen. You regain your life for one. No more work texts emails or phone calls when you are off the clock. No more trying to figure out how many hours you are going to get week to week and month to month. No more unreasonable workload. No more ridiculous catch phrases. No more working short staffed. No more conflicting directionYou will regain peace of mind. No more watching adolescent leaders jack around all day long. Target is the bottom of the retail barrel now. No one treats you worse.
You will find a job. A better job. Take a deep breath, pull your shoulders back and go get the job you want and deserve!

Trust me they’ll move on quickly... No offense to you but everyone is so short sighted right now and no one is really paying attention to anything other than the huge ass fire they’re trying to put out. It’s sad because good people are leaving but could have stayed if they felt valuable.

Don’t feel guilty. You have to do what is best for YOU, because no one else will. Some really great people have left our team and I have needed to learn to stop begging them to stay. I have been really sad to see them go but they are like birds leaving the nest....fly and be free little bird, even though I am sad I wish you the best. Honestly, as great as they each were, it was business as usual the next day without them. I’ve stopped signing good-bye cards.
A week later their names were forgotten. We must forge on. DON’T look back.

Don’t feel guilty. You have to do what is best for YOU, because no one else will. Some really great people have left our team and I have needed to learn to stop begging them to stay. I have been really sad to see them go but they are like birds leaving the nest....fly and be free little bird, even though I am sad I wish you the best. Honestly, as great as they each were, it was business as usual the next day without them. I’ve stopped signing good-bye cards.
A week later their names were forgotten. We must forge on. DON’T look back.
You were signing goodbye cards?? Damn, my store was slacking then, I never got one.

Guilty? I have zero feelings about my job. I like my coworkers, but Target the company? Nope. They would kick you, your kids, your pets, your unborn children, and destroy your life if it made a profit.

There are companies out there that do care about their employees, but Target is not one of them. The fact they are actively trying to deny benefits is just one example.

I worked at Target from 2008 to 2016. I went on leave for half a year, a new ETL HR contacted me one day asking when I was coming back and wouldn't work with the hours I wanted, told her I would let her know, never followed up, and continued to use my discount for a few more months until they termed me. Absolutely no regrets doing that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back