Archived Anyone else had an anxiety attack while working at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had a few at work, spoke with the ETLs letting them know about the situation that has been diagnosed (ADD/Anxiety/minor depression). Reaction from the ETLs = could care less.

Wish that srtls and tls weren't how new etls & STL found out about the team, since 75% of the time the politics and favorites ruin it for me. Thought we were supposed to be equally. Given the same chances along with encourage a TM that wants to be a better to, due to changes in the position that they have had for more than 5yrs

We have a TM who has depression/schizophrenia. All the leaders and her team know about it. You can tell when she's having a good day and when she's not. I feel it's important for leaders to know and not pass any judgement. I think a lot of leaders forget that TM's are people who deserve understanding and patience sometimes.

I've come really close to having one a few times. Retail causes me to go into sensory overload with the screaming children, the crowds, couples fighting,loud noises, etc. The noise can just really become too much sometimes and it's hard to keep it together. I love when I finally get my break and the breakroom is completely empty because I can finally get some quiet time for a few minutes.

I'd arrive burping, farting, and playing the drum solo to Innagadavida on the table.

You'd love it!

No, but one time I went to go on my break early because a guest made me cry. Luckily I started crying in the breakroom with no one else around.

The same thing with my new job. Except I did have an anxiety attack and my manager let me go home early

Although I never actually had an anxiety attack I do understand the feeling.

I have had a couple. Usually, if I can get somewhere and be alone for a little while I can calm myself down. I have gone and sat in the bathroom or my car till I have calmed down. I refer to it as putting myself in time out .Usually, being in large crowds of strangers trigger mine...so I have attacks outside of work more often than at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back