Archived Anyone else see consumables hours cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my consumables went from 220 to 189 to 170 to 79 last week to now 68 this week for our hours.

I don't know how I'm supposed to schedule my dept. I take up 40 myself as TL, and then my truck team is 16 hours AT THE BARE DISGUSTING minimum. I usually use around 30hrs to do truck and that's pushing it.

That's 56. I have two PAs, and two consumables team members.

What the hell. I can't even fathom not having a team. I own seasonal and need to spend time in back to school.
Food truck hours should be coming from flow...

Can you schedule yourself under another workcenter (hardliners/pog/flow/inventory) on days when you know you'll be spending time in seasonal?

Hardlines went from ~215 hrs a week to 140 for our latest schedule. I don't know what this next one is going to look like, but it's becoming harder and harder to keep a positive outlook. My team gets more cashier than sales floor shifts and when they are scheduled on the floor, they spend most of their time on the lanes.

At what point does cutting overhead costs become a detrement to profits? Sales are down across my group and my store is down quite a substantial amount. I often wonder when corporate will shut us down because the bare minimum overhead might outweigh profit.

I hope what I said made sense... Its late.

I hate to say it but this company is in trouble. I've worked for Target for just shy of seven years and this is the absolute worst hours situation I've ever seen. A couple weeks ago I had to work 5 shifts for a tiny twenty hours. Today is my last shift with this company. They tried like hell to get me to stay. "You can push carts. You can cashier. You can work electronics. We will get you 32." I won't be the guy who cries about hours only to have them pinched from others. They give the team the "no hours" speech as the orientation group of six people walks past you. We constantly miss sales. The workloads are never completed. No one gives a shit about anything. I've reached my fill and I'm not looking back. I give my store two years and I almost guarantee it will be closed.

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed that they have renamed the title of "P Fresh Perishables Assistant" to "Perishables Expert"? I saw this on the careers page of Target.com. I wonder if they are planning to change the position to a different pay grade.

Cool, that title would look better on a resume.

The hours have been cut pretty badly at my store, full shifts seem to only be for TLs or TMs who extend for a callout.
I'm working 5 days a week but getting only 24-26 hours, last year 5 days a week would have given me a minimum of 32 hours. :confused:

I was talking to my CTL today she said that apparently spot has told stores to cut hours in pfresh as they are now focusing on other areas. Our STL and her decided that it wasn't the best idea seeing as pfresh is our biggest sales dept. we have 2 pa's each at 37 hours the Ctl at 40 and then 6 other tms getting between 25-30 hours. Our flow team also breaks down the pallets and begins pushing them on truck days

Last edited:
I was talking to my CTL today she said that apparently spot has told stores to cut hours in pfresh as they are now focusing on other areas. Our STL and her decided that it wasn't the best idea seeing as pfresh is our biggest sales dept. we have 2 pa's each at 37 hours the Ctl at 40 and then 6 other tms getting between 25-30 hours. Our flow team also breaks down the pallets and begins pushing them on truck days

I dont know how we can cut much more at my store for Pfresh. We get 85-90 hours per week but have to take care of all of Market, including Dry Market, have 1-2 hours a day taken out from working huddles and midday zone, work out reshop, have to push Mcclane Candy all by ourselves, STILL have to backup cashier, backup and cover electronics, helping guests ALL over hardlines because guests cant find anyone else. And then there is also constantly helping C&S team push out the truck and having to backstock ALL of our pulls because backroom doesnt have to I guess?

On next weeks schedule our hours were only 6-1230 and 230-7......ARE YOU KIDDING ME........The schedule that was just posted is back to the opening being til 230 but wth man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back