Archived Anyone else using new Post-it style ad signs? Do u like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now using the post-its where we used to have rain checks.

I don't understand why, because the guest can still ask for and receive a rain check. I thought they were a generic brand until my ETL-LOG showed me they are actually "Post-It" brand.

We're using them. I don't like them. Nobody knows how to put them on straight and it bothers my OCD.

But seriously, they look bad and the rain check pads were more convenient for guests.

W e got them over a week ago and we still have not used them. We have had zero RIGs for 0 OH items.

flow or ad take down team still won't pull them down when they stock the item.

We had a kid today pulling all the ones he could reach off the shelves today.

So I hate them.

I like how they're faster to put up than having to toggle between 2+ apps and its one less thing we're getting scored on. Don't like how they're literal Post-Its and now I'm going to have to interact with guests more to find subs or whatever.

I like how they're faster to put up than having to toggle between 2+ apps and its one less thing we're getting scored on. Don't like how they're literal Post-Its and now I'm going to have to interact with guests more to find subs or whatever.

Don't forget to talk to them about the Red Card, Cartwheel, and the guest survey. We need 9s and 10s in all areas!

For some reason Target is going the route of just adding One more (unneeded) step, to every god damn process..

Going to MySupport for a Work Order is another new one that has driven me up a wall...

I think OP is talking about the actual heavy-duty Sale and As Ad post its rather than the lightweight OOS post its.

My bad. My store doesn't use those. But I'm sure I would dislike them as much as the out-of-stock sticky signs, if not more.

There needs to be some kind of intelligent intervention on these post-its....

Example...you have a cosmetics section that is "As Advertised" with random OOS....best practice is to put a post it on every OOS peg/pusher. So now your cosmetics display signs are covered with these idiotic "Call A Team Member on a Red Phone!" stickies.

Or in Market...do we really need a sticky pad note on every flavor of Yoplait or Lean Cuisine that is out of stock for a 5 cents off sale? Do you really think a guest is going to want a rain check for that?

On the flip side, these things are necessary when the banquet tables go on sale or when we run out of futons.

There needs to be some kind of intelligent intervention on these post-its....

Example...you have a cosmetics section that is "As Advertised" with random OOS....best practice is to put a post it on every OOS peg/pusher. So now your cosmetics display signs are covered with these idiotic "Call A Team Member on a Red Phone!" stickies.

Or in Market...do we really need a sticky pad note on every flavor of Yoplait or Lean Cuisine that is out of stock for a 5 cents off sale? Do you really think a guest is going to want a rain check for that?

On the flip side, these things are necessary when the banquet tables go on sale or when we run out of futons.

Also on the plus side, I would never put these damn things on every flavor of Yoplait. I would have to stand by the phone all day before it was pressed, ever time we had one of these 10 for 10 Chobani deals.

This thread has gone off track. But I do have a comment on cosmetics/market. Where a OOS sign can fit on the sign/label and not cover a label for a product that is in stock, it should be put up. So yes on the yogurt. On the cosmetics, one OOS sign on each four foot section should suffice, unless there is room to place the sign without interfering with other signage.

This one?

We do not have those yet but I have been told it is on the way. So now we will have post it note Out of Stock notes on top of sticky ad signs. That will look so cheap....I know the company it probably saving some descent money doing it this way instead of cardstock. Anyone know if we will still have the cardstock 7x11's for some aisles or is it all changing over?

these have a strip of "paper" on the back of the sign. You rip off the paper and attach it to the shelf. So instead of folding a sign, putting it up & you're done with it now you rip off the paper, put it up & have trash to deal with.

Still using card stock 7x11's . . .

these have a strip of "paper" on the back of the sign. You rip off the paper and attach it to the shelf. So instead of folding a sign, putting it up & you're done with it now you rip off the paper, put it up & have trash to deal with.

Still using card stock 7x11's . . .
And you will find the little backer strips all over the store.. I know my store they would be everywhere.

I think it'd be fine if the post-its just replaced the pegged signs, but we kept the regular cardstock for everything else. Also, how does this affect making store-created signs? Do you still use the old cardstock when printing them out, or are the post-its replacing those somehow too?

Also, how does this affect making store-created signs? Do you still use the old cardstock when printing them out, or are the post-its replacing those somehow too?

If anyone has those part numbers, please share. I've tried looking for those but failed. I think it won't be available until this version becomes company wide. They have to format the way the printer would print them.

The new sticky ad and TPC signs are ok.

They are a pain to take down cleanly in certain areas - like the freezer. Somehow the sticky strip is often left behind when the sign is pulled down. The sticky strip ends up covering the label/price. Or the sign will rip (instead of coming off cleanly) leaving behind the sticky part on the shelf.

The new sticky signs are also a pain to move when setting a new POG. They don't stick so well once they are removed, and reset. They also tend to fall off easily if not stuck well, especially on the bottom shelf where they are more likely to be bumped.

I don't believe we are able to print the new stick backed signs yet. We are still using the card stock 3x5 and 3x3.

Oh, and they don't like to stick to any shelves that have any sort of residue on them. You know, like where 500 different people have to spray every Glade aerosol scent to decide which one they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back