Archived Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else get their hours cut severely after Christmas? I have the 23-27 off, then I work both the 28-29, but then I'm off work for as long as the schedule is made for (30-4th). Is this normal? Or did I really piss off one of my team leads.

my STL has already warned us to let our teams know that january is going to be a nightmare as far as hours/ workload. we usually deal with it in january, but 2014 will be one for the books. i will say, however, that we have been KILLING sales since the whole cc fiasco. so maybe it won't be so bad? go team target!

Fortunately the credit card fiasco happened at Christmas time, or sales would be awful.

PA will prolly be the only dept with hrs during Q1; marking down all the seasonal décor, apparel, toys, etc.

Mine went up, but I'm thinking we finally might have gotten our winter hours. I'm about at my max, but the way they scheduled them makes it ok. I hope.

I have zero expectations tho, I figure it is a week by week thing for me.

Wait...on the two week our you have absolutely no hours? None? I'd talk to your team lead. That doesn't seem right...even with hours sinking into the deep abyss.

My hours are down too (which im fine with, since I have my other job)... Unless you're a TL or GSA/PA, your hours will def be cut.

TL's hours get cut also. Depends on the store though. Usually average 35 or less the rest if the year.

I am hovering around 25 this coming week and next week. Comparing to other CAs and cashiers our hours are all in a similar range. I seem to be getting more cashier hours than the other CAs though (which I don't mind).

I know I am near the top of the list for call ins, so there is that and I have the luxury of free time to pick up any extra shifts.

29.5 hours on the two week for me, down from a steady ~36-40+ since before Black Friday.

Same here. I'm going from around 25-40 a week to 13 the week after Christmas. I'm a seasonal cashier so I figured it was just them slowly letting me go, but I'm relieved to know it's not just me.

TL's hours get cut also. Depends on the store though. Usually average 35 or less the rest if the year.

Our Starbucks TL always is sure to get her hours. Everyone else's hours are going down, but she scheduled herself for 48 on the week of the 1st. I'm very glad not to be under her schedule.

Since I am "Seasonal" (which I guess is a "trashy word") I assumed I would get 20 hours or so...but I have had close to 40 hours--currently working on day six of a straight 8 days working, and then after Christmas return to 3 days a week. Some people have little or no hours this week and next, so I'm not sure what is happening. Could be many people asked off for the holidays? Considered asking to work fulltime "part time" if that makes sense after the holidays...what i mean is, after the "season" ends, I'd like to stay on as part time help. We'll see...

I still have my usual 32 as a PA, and I think my counterpart does as well, but I think our two part-time PA's saw some cuts. I remember last year I was getting 35-40 hour weeks between sales floor, flow, and market, and then the week after Christmas I got cut to 8 hours over two days, both market shifts. I'm also curious to see if this lasts.

This week i had 35 hours and next week i have 30. Im dayside backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back