Archived Anyone ever find notes in Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been a huge fan of FOUND mag. I've had their first book for over 10 years and never get tired of looking at it. Admittedly a weird hobby, but so damn interesting.

I was shopping in a Target in Delaware today and saw a folded up note on an empty endcap facing the racetrack in small apps.

jail.jpg

Decided to take it since it seemed abandoned. Maybe I'll submit it to FOUND.

Well.. there was a huge project a few months back where a bunch of us had to deal with a bunch of product... I know some day flags with notes written on them found their way into the packaging.... lol was quite amusing.

I wonder how old the author and his brother are. By the writing it would be safe to assume young, however I had a 62 year old TM write what she witnessed in a sexual harassment case and it looked like it was written by an eight year old girl. Thanks for sharing this!

Yes. Quite possibly the best note ever...

So It's like 20 minutes after opening and I have to drain the snake. I use the public bathroom, and I see an envelope that says "A gift from Jesus" on it. I'm thinking "OH THANK GOD! I'M FINALLY ONE OF THOSE RETAIL PEOPLE YOU HEAR ABOUT ON THE NEWS THAT ARE GRACIOUSLY LEFT A LARGE SUM OF MONEY FROM A STRANGER! THANK YOU JESUS I'M GOING TO CHURCH WHEN I GET OFF!"

Then I pick it up, and turn it around to open it. On the back was written "No money inside". :(

I was tempted to toss it out right then, but I thought, "Okay... Now I gots to know..."

Inside was a traced hand with various crap written around it. The dude was evidently drug free for years thanks to Jesus, and left a number to call for some Jesus hotline or something. Now I say good for this man, and as a believer in Jesus myself, I can't fault him for enjoying Jesus and Jesus paraphernalia, but there are rules! If I leave a note in a men's bathroom stall labeled "A gift from Jesus", I'mma put some money inside! Jesus himself would have put money inside! Too hook someone in like that and not leave them money is just straight trollin!

funny_car_note_20100714_1321565690_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Yes. Quite possibly the best note ever...

So It's like 20 minutes after opening and I have to drain the snake. I use the public bathroom, and I see an envelope that says "A gift from Jesus" on it. I'm thinking "OH THANK GOD! I'M FINALLY ONE OF THOSE RETAIL PEOPLE YOU HEAR ABOUT ON THE NEWS THAT ARE GRACIOUSLY LEFT A LARGE SUM OF MONEY FROM A STRANGER! THANK YOU JESUS I'M GOING TO CHURCH WHEN I GET OFF!"

Then I pick it up, and turn it around to open it. On the back was written "No money inside". :(

I was tempted to toss it out right then, but I thought, "Okay... Now I gots to know..."

Inside was a traced hand with various crap written around it. The dude was evidently drug free for years thanks to Jesus, and left a number to call for some Jesus hotline or something. Now I say good for this man, and as a believer in Jesus myself, I can't fault him for enjoying Jesus and Jesus paraphernalia, but there are rules! If I leave a note in a men's bathroom stall labeled "A gift from Jesus", I'mma put some money inside! Jesus himself would have put money inside! Too hook someone in like that and not leave them money is just straight trollin!
Golden response!

I've found a few shopping lists but one has always stood out in my mind.
On the top of page in big letters it said IF YOU FORGET ANYTHING I WILL DIVORCE YOU!
One of the items on the list was condoms and I found it in HBA.

My only thought was that I hope the poor bastard got everything on the list before he lost it.

Last edited:
I found a shopping list one time. I decided to read it. Most of it was completely normal. it went along the lines of.
1. Bread
2. Milk
3. Eggs
4. Ass Cream
I did a double-take and brought it around to the team as a kind of pick-me-up. Even shared it at the huddle.. It made my night.. :)

Decided to take it since it seemed abandoned. Maybe I'll submit it to FOUND.

The letter seems to contain "words" I'd have a hard time a youngster thinking up. I think this may just be a case of someone older... who simply didn't learn about the proper use of paragraphs, and such.

It has apparently become a thing at my store to leave coupons on or in front of the item it can be used for. They are everywhere in HBA.

This. Every time I zone the feminine hygiene aisle, I find all these piles of coupons. And the greater majority of them are expired.

Seriously, buy Found. Best book ever! I'll share some favorites:

"May 23, 1996
Dear Ron,
The longer I think about what I'm doing the sicker I feel. Ron I'm sorry but I don't think that we should continue to have a relationship together; at lease not as a couple. I love you but things have not been the same since we found out that we were related. If you no longer want to speak to me because of this, I will understand. I will still come visit you on Sundays if you like, I just don't know what to say to you.
Love always,
Alisha"

"Ever cut your skin for fun? Sell your ass? Sleep on the street? Do you like pain? Take heroin? If so LETS START A BAND Call 246-0882 and leave a message with innocent bystander Jesse"

Post it regular shopping list on the front, on the back
"Jackie -- You have no choice!
He doesn't want you!
He doesn't love you!
You are just a fuck to him!
Leave him alone!
Don't call.
Don't email.
Let him want you.
Let him go!!"

That was only the first few pages out of 250.

Oh and then there's the one with the title "Eating your pussy 2001".

OK, I'll stop plugging this book now! :D

Last edited:
I wonder how old the author and his brother are. By the writing it would be safe to assume young, however I had a 62 year old TM write what she witnessed in a sexual harassment case and it looked like it was written by an eight year old girl. Thanks for sharing this!
It makes me wonder how it got there in the first place. The prison (I've been there a few times visiting a friend of a friend) is about 11 miles away from the Target.

It has apparently become a thing at my store to leave coupons on or in front of the item it can be used for. They are everywhere in HBA.
My store as well. Usually I just recycle them because they end up falling on the floor.

Same. I just leave them there.

I often work baby and sometimes I find business cards from midwives and custom diaper cake people and what not. Also find the occasional Jesus pamphlet.

Well, call me nosey...but if I see a note laying around and no one is around I read the damn thing. I haven't really ever found anything to0 juicy tho. Shopping lists on the salesfloor...sometimes you might find a etls notes but nothing to exciting there.

Thanks for sharing the note and book. I'll probably pick the book up from my library this week.
It kind of reminds me of PostSecret.

I haven't found any interesting notes at my store, just shopping lists.
I did find a birthday card from the early 1960s when I was cleaning the vents in my home.
It was from a grandma to her 3(?) year old grandson. There was a line that said something along the lines of
"I know you can't read yet, but grandpa and I love you very much" Made me choke a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back