Archived Anyone ever lose a red card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious how exactly the cancellation process went. I called the 800 number which was a robo call, typed in the last 4 digits of the card and my social, and after reviewing purchases, put in my zip

After that, it said the card was cancelled and they're sending me a new one in 10 business days.

I'm just concerned because it was a robo call and I never actually talked to a human, something might have gone wrong or the process might not have finished. Anyway I can review the status of the card or when the new card is arriving? I'm still going to be monitoring my bank account but the whole process seemed too easy.

There should be a way to reach a person at Card Services (or w/e it's called). I try not to worry too much about unauthorized usage of my credit cards since most of them have purchase protection and will refund you if someone does make fraudulent charges.

Did you have the chip and PIN card? If so, you really have nothing to worry about. It is extremely unlikely, bordering on 0 I'd say, that someone would go through the trouble of figuring out your PIN so they could make purchases at Target. Thieves are far more interested in cards that require a signature, since they're so easy to use.

It's been awhile since I've needed to call any of the Redcard numbers, but I usually press 0# three times and it gets me through to a live person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back