Archived Anyone in AP as lenient with lifters as they are in this show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An employee caught in this show steals thousands and they just fire her? lol wtf at least in my store I always see cops come for lifters.

reminds me of this

HAH! The guy from like 3:34-5min...wtf is up with him and the skateboard?!? Looks like he could've had a possibility of getting away had he not been tripping all over the board when he was walking out the door :rolleyes:

I'm surprised police apprehended them so often. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure police are never there until long after the person has been caught and pulled aside at my store.

It's fake but to be honest some of it is fairly accurate, I.e. some of the behaviors of lifters they point out and even some of the excuses that people give, so they must have done some research. To answer the original question, I know of very few stores that will let off an internal case with just a firing, especially when thousands are stolen. A lot of stores are tougher in internals than externals because internals can cause much more loss than shoplifters.

HAH! The guy from like 3:34-5min...wtf is up with him and the skateboard?!? Looks like he could've had a possibility of getting away had he not been tripping all over the board when he was walking out the door :rolleyes:

I'm surprised police apprehended them so often. Is this normal? I'm pretty sure police are never there until long after the person has been caught and pulled aside at my store.
Police will generally make the apprehension if there is a weapon involved, such as a cutting device, or if there is see any reason to believe that the suspect will be resistant to apprehension. Also in some locations, the police response time is good enough that they can be called while the incident is in progress and be there in time to make the stop.

Yeah I'm aware of that, it makes thieves look like they can get away with just a picture and a ban. smh. Really entertaining even though it's fake haha
I think that's the point. So when they are caught, they're hit HARD :)

Police will generally make the apprehension if there is a weapon involved, such as a cutting device, or if there is see any reason to believe that the suspect will be resistant to apprehension. Also in some locations, the police response time is good enough that they can be called while the incident is in progress and be there in time to make the stop.
Yep had one the other day, AP saw a guy cut a spider wrap off, cops were there and detained 2 peeps. Even frisked them on the sales floor lol. Heard it was a funny scene. And since they had a weapon the Police showed up super quick

Shoplifting calls are pretty low priority most of the time for police dispatchers. Armed robberies, suicidal persons, endangered children, etc take priority. If they have a officer available then you may get a quick response. But it's all relative to where the officer currently is. If their down the street you will probably get lucky. Across town? Good luck. They won't come lights and sirens for a simple shoplifting call so most likely I'll have to make the stop assuming there's no weapon involved.

What will get the police there quicker is if you mention things like a weapon (knife) being used to cut, there's children involved (that one is immediate response), or it's at a felony amount. Be careful with crying wolf though. There was another AP guy in our district that used to say they suspect had a weapon (even if they didn't) just to get a quicker response. Eventually the local PD caught on and his response times went from 20-25 minutes to 3 hours.

Oh and that show is clearly fake. I didn't even watch the entire video but I wouldn't be surprised if those "shoplifters" are in fact bad actors.

Yeah they're bad actors...I know one of them was an elementary school teacher who did it because he wanted to be an actor then got mad because a bunch of parents saw the show and complained that their kids teacher was a shoplifter :p

Target used to encourage Police to assist in apprehensions a lot more than they do now. Now, they really don't want us to call PD unless a weapon is involved, or if we've already made the stop.

This is all footage of when AP used to be a force to be reckoned with. Don't get me wrong, Target AP is still pretty good as far as the Loss Prevention game goes, but back in the days of the cop uniform and around that time, AP'd ruin your day pretty quick if you tried to steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back