Archived Apology Coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm new to this and one day I heard my gsa or gstl (I get confused with the two and I'm not sure if they're the same thing) said she gave a guest an "apology" coupon. I was wondering what that was and can just anyone "print" one?

Cashiers and salesfloor start at minimum wage here, and GSA and electronics are two pay grades above, which is 50 cents. It's unreal that two pay grades difference is over $2 down there.

Same as RG here, except move the baseline to like 20 cents above minimum wage (and for whatever reason after the first month everyone seems to go up by 25 cents). So basically first month for cashier/sf $8.00/hr vs $7.80 minimum wage (think it boosted to $7.90 in 2014), then $8.25, and upwards by 50 cents from there.

I'm a Sr. TL and I am no where near $17 an hour. Though most TMs I talk to seem the time I make upward of that for some reason. *shrug*

That's crazy. Minimum wage here in Florida is under $8, and cashiers here start at $8/hour. Electronics starts at $9.25, sales floor at $9.25. Maybe it's our store though.

I am also in FL and am getting 8.25/hr as a new cashier. If I am starting to get trained in HL should I get a pay increase if I end up having mostly HL/Electronics shifts?

On topic of apology coupons. They are 3$ off. My GSTL just often tells me to take 3$ off something via discount target coupon when a guest starts complaining that they will talk to corporate about how bad our store is (which it isn't bad its awesome).

Example: Lady is trying to steal from Target and claims snowglobes were 9.99 - 50%. They were 19.99 - 50%. She holds up my line for 20 minutes while GSTL checks the price. Once lady is proven wrong she throws a fit and ETL caves and offers her 3 apology coupons.

Last edited:
Im in florida as well and hl amd cashier make the same. While starting rates vary by store.. I don't think pay grades do.. for example of the 3 stores in florida (2 close together one in the other part of the state) the starting rates for cashiers/sales floor was 7.50 (2009), 10.00 (2010) and the most recent store I just started back at, 8.00 (2014)

Each rate there corresponding to a different store..

We're only supposed to give one apology coupon out per issue.

Personally, I'll give a coupon if I can get one to give....and then I will also give the guest $5.00 off their bill as an instant type of apology. I mean, how effective is an apology coupon when you can't use it until your NEXT visit?!? So, I give them the $5 now and let them use the $3 for next time.....this way they are at least happy that they are getting acknowledged right now.....not just next time.

I had an ETL give out a fistful to a lady in a wheelchair raising a stink about how she was "inconvenienced" when the cashier was merely doing her job. Then the ETL found out this woman is "inconvenienced" on a regular basis.

I would also do the give one, and sometimes instant $5 off.

I had an ETL give out a fistful to a lady in a wheelchair raising a stink about how she was "inconvenienced" when the cashier was merely doing her job. Then the ETL found out this woman is "inconvenienced" on a regular basis.

How did she claim she was "inconvenienced"?

She was trying to use a WIC card which our store isn't set up to accept. The cashier explained it to her but she kept swiping her card over & over. When it didn't work, the woman demanded a manager & accused the cashier of 'screwing up her card' & she was unable to buy groceries as a result.
She'd attempt it once a month or so until leadership started catching on & intercepting her when she tried to ring out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back