Archived Apple Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have redcard, cartwheel, and TM Discount all in there...is it not enabled for the general public yet? Cuz it works for me ;) ( I am a TM tho)
Are you thinking of Target Wallet? That’s different from Apple Pay, which uses NFC and creates a new card number every time you use it so people can’t steal your info.

Yeah, I was just saying, you can already pay using a method that combines redcard support, cartwheel, and a tm discount, and that method is known as Target Wallet ;) I use it all the time. I have an android, so I'm not exactly sure what Apple Pay was...I assume Apple Pay/Google pay would be basically the same thing, a NFC based payment method, whereas Wallet generates a short lived QR code that is scanned for payment.

Are you saying that you can't use your redcard with Apple Pay? That's why I use Wallet, instead of Google Pay on my android...

ContactlessPay_ABV_f.jpg

Its on Target's corporate web site as well now.

Apple Pay @ Target

They'd have to add NFC modules to our new readers.

I'm guessing we will at some point, but what a pain telling guests "sorry, you can use it online... But not in the stores!"
NFC works just fine on our card readers now but only with Samsung pay and some credit cards.

One has to open NFC on their phones and not all phones have NFC.

They’ll surely add support soon, Apple Pay supports loyalty cards.
doubt it. they want people to use wallet (allows them to track purchases, Apple Pay doesn't)

Are you referring to bar code scan or NFC? I didn't know RedCard was NFC capable.
it's not
NFC works just fine on our card readers now but only with Samsung pay and some credit cards.

One has to open NFC on their phones and not all phones have NFC.
actually it's not NFC that works now it's MST (mag stripe transmission). basically just emulates the mag stripe, so it works anywhere that takes credit cards. it's only on Samsung pay. now the switch is being flipped on NFC.

I posted this in the front end thread but I'll put it here too bc it's relevant.

GSTMs: now that we accept Apple Pay, just a heads up that because Apple Pay generates a different card number, if a guest pays with Apple Pay, they have to receipt lookup from Apple Pay (same phone), and vice versa (physical must be physical)

ContactlessPay_ABV_f.jpg

Its on Target's corporate web site as well now.

Apple Pay @ Target
Wow!
I know we're getting it for the Target app next month but any ideas as to if we will be getting it in store? It would make checking out a whole lot faster and then guests won't forget their red cards at home because it will be on their phones ;)
I don't think we'll accept Apple or Google Pay in stores. Apple and Google are supposed to work in the app
doubt it. they want people to use wallet (allows them to track purchases, Apple Pay doesn't)

it's not

actually it's not NFC that works now it's MST (mag stripe transmission). basically just emulates the mag stripe, so it works anywhere that takes credit cards. it's only on Samsung pay. now the switch is being flipped on NFC.
Oh! I get it. I assumed it was NFC.

Thank you for clarifying!:)

Yeah, I use Target Wallet on my android phone, it generates a qr code that is scanned at checkout (not nfc). It's got my Red Card/Cartwheel/TM Discount all in 1 short lived barcode/qr code, that's convenient enough for my taste.

But it doesn’t combine cartwheel and ™ discount. So you’d have to scan anyway.
That’s true about the discount, but it’s possible to automatically apply awards with an Apple Pay purchase. When you use Apple Pay at Walgreens, it automatically pulls up your rewards. Same at Panera. I’m sure if Target found a way to do this with Cartwheel, they’d add Apple Pay support for redcards.

That’s true about the discount, but it’s possible to automatically apply awards with an Apple Pay purchase. When you use Apple Pay at Walgreens, it automatically pulls up your rewards. Same at Panera. I’m sure if Target found a way to do this with Cartwheel, they’d add Apple Pay support for redcards.
Is there a way to do it? Yes. Many. All of which target loses out on data on what we buy/how we shop, because of how privacy focused Apple Pay is.

I posted this in the front end thread but I'll put it here too bc it's relevant.

GSTMs: now that we accept Apple Pay, just a heads up that because Apple Pay generates a different card number, if a guest pays with Apple Pay, they have to receipt lookup from Apple Pay (same phone), and vice versa (physical must be physical)
Great to know, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back