Archived Application related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Situation: About a month ago I put in an application for one target store. A few days ago I attempted to put in a separate application for a different store. I selected the positions I was interested in, filled out my name (step two of seven on the website, I believe) and... I'm not sure if the application completed/was sent. I didn't receive a chance to fill out the remainder of my application (job history, education, questionnaire). There was mention of having applications on record for 60 days.

At first I was under the assumption that it had used my previous information for the application, but now I'm not sure that I can have two outstanding applications (one for each store). I didn't select the second store as an option based on what positions were available at the time.

So my question is: Does anyone know offhand if my application for the second store sent/received? Or more specifically, how, if it does handle multiple applications under the same name, does the website handle applications of the same name?

I won't have an opportunity to speak with an HR representative from the second store for about a week (reason why I'm posting).

Silly situation, thanks in advance.

Situation: About a month ago I put in an application for one target store. A few days ago I attempted to put in a separate application for a different store. I selected the positions I was interested in, filled out my name (step two of seven on the website, I believe) and... I'm not sure if the application completed/was sent. I didn't receive a chance to fill out the remainder of my application (job history, education, questionnaire). There was mention of having applications on record for 60 days.

At first I was under the assumption that it had used my previous information for the application, but now I'm not sure that I can have two outstanding applications (one for each store). I didn't select the second store as an option based on what positions were available at the time.

So my question is: Does anyone know offhand if my application for the second store sent/received? Or more specifically, how, if it does handle multiple applications under the same name, does the website handle applications of the same name?

I won't have an opportunity to speak with an HR representative from the second store for about a week (reason why I'm posting)

Silly situation, thanks in advance.

Not a silly question at all! I'm am fairly certain that if you call the store that you just tried to put in your application for, they should be able to pull your app from the other store. That being said. You really need to call as soon as possible. I can't imagine what would keep you from calling for a full week. If its another job, call on your break. I think you'll be doing a disservice if you wait. If it means anything to you at all, find the time.

you can only have one application in the system at a time.

If you had applied for several locations, and several positions on the first application - the system would have sent your application to your first store choice first, then if they turn you down, the application would automatically be sent to the next store you selected.

It's not a problem if you call the store that you applied for, and ask if your application arrived, and if they are interested. If not, they can send your application to your next choice.

does this help?

the applications stay active in the system for 60 days - at that time you can apply again

you can only have one application in the system at a time.

If you had applied for several locations, and several positions on the first application - the system would have sent your application to your first store choice first, then if they turn you down, the application would automatically be sent to the next store you selected.

It's not a problem if you call the store that you applied for, and ask if your application arrived, and if they are interested. If not, they can send your application to your next choice.

does this help?

I'm responding b/c I'm curious as to what can be done! From my understanding, the OP didn't select a second choice with the first application, so it won't automatically be sent on. Is there anything they can do?

just call that first store - ask them to forward it.

it's really easy.

I've done it for several applicants

Hopefully it isn't a store like mine...we aren't allowed to let any application calls get past us. If you've submitted an application, all we are allowed to do is tell you we will call you if we're interested. Under no circumstances are we to put through the call to HR. If you are dealing with a store like mine, you may need to go in, tell the person at the service desk that you had a question about the application you put in and if there is someone you can talk to. It's a bit harder to chase a person off if they are standing there (though I've done it).

Thanks for the answers guys. Ill head down and talk to an ETL hr when I get a chance.

Transferring an application, if done online, literally takes two seconds. You type the store number you want the app transferred to (e.g., T-1100 would be 1100) and you click. It'll ask if you're sure, and then you click okay and it's a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back