Archived Applied for Service and Engagement TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapeeee

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anything to know should I get the job? Would I be making my teams schedule?

I'm gonna say asants. My SD makes the schedule for hours then myself and my ETL review it to make sure it works
As of a couple months ago ago SD are required to write the entire schedule chain wide. Granted I’m sure there are plenty of store that don’t or stores that the SD writes it with advice from the ETLs but technically it is supposed to be written by the SD

What are TL’s tasked with and what are they able to do?

As of a couple months ago ago SD are required to write the entire schedule chain wide. Granted I’m sure there are plenty of store that don’t or stores that the SD writes it with advice from the ETLs but technically it is supposed to be written by the SD

At my store TLs talk to HR/SD about how they would like their hours spent. Who works where and how often kinds of things. That's not done every single week. It's just an in general thing. HR writes the initial schedule. SD adjusts it from there. Sometimes, not by much. Sometimes, ridiculously so.

At my store TLs talk to HR/SD about how they would like their hours spent. Who works where and how often kinds of things. That's not done every single week. It's just an in general thing. HR writes the initial schedule. SD adjusts it from there. Sometimes, not by much. Sometimes, ridiculously so.
Yeah that was how everyone used to do it and it typically worked better when the ETL of the area wrote their own schedule but the SD always did the final edits and would slash hours 😂 my ETL used to print the grids from when she was done writing the front end and see how bad the SD would cut

So a TL does corrective actions and coaching and that’s it, that’s the only thing a TM can’t do? Can TL’s hire?

Your previous post is blank by the way. So are there any clear outlines of TL Duties?

Observe your guest advocates to make sure they are doing guest advocation correctly. Help out if needed, but make sure you let the entire store know you are doing so at great pains to your ability to observe guest advocates over the walkie.

Less snarky: Watch the front end and make sure your TMs are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Help as appropriate to keep things running smoothly for guests and to teach TMs. Your job is to ensure that when guests get to the front they have a positive experience. Do what you need to do to make that happen. The specifics are going to vary a lot every day.

So a TL does corrective actions and coaching and that’s it, that’s the only thing a TM can’t do? Can TL’s hire?
To answer your question of what a TL does that a TM does not: placing supply orders, coaching & corrective action/seek to understand conversations, reviews, viewing MyGuest survey comments and taking appropriate action, participation in possible weekly meetings including safety meetings, conducting interviews for possible hires, providing input on scheduling, keying in approved swap shift requests/shift changes if HR does not do so, some TLs will also carry keys to the building. I’m sure I missed some

Observe your guest advocates to make sure they are doing guest advocation correctly. Help out if needed, but make sure you let the entire store know you are doing so at great pains to your ability to observe guest advocates over the walkie.

Less snarky: Watch the front end and make sure your TMs are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Help as appropriate to keep things running smoothly for guests and to teach TMs. Your job is to ensure that when guests get to the front they have a positive experience. Do what you need to do to make that happen. The specifics are going to vary a lot every day.
To answer your question of what a TL does that a TM does not: placing supply orders, coaching & corrective action/seek to understand conversations, reviews, viewing MyGuest survey comments and taking appropriate action, participation in possible weekly meetings including safety meetings, conducting interviews for possible hires, providing input on scheduling, keying in approved swap shift requests/shift changes if HR does not do so, some TLs will also carry keys to the building. I’m sure I missed some

This really does help out! Let’s say I get the job which I’d love, can I assist as well in HR?

This really does help out! Let’s say I get the job which I’d love, can I assist as well in HR?
...in what capacity? ASANTS, but in majority of stores I would assume you really wouldn’t have anything to do with the HR workload/duties. At all. They have their own TM(s) and depending on store size you have multiple leaders within HR. If you’re wanting to do HR, you need to find a HR position. Not SETL.

For reference though - most TLs in my store write the schedule based off of the hours we were given, HR TM keys it, and ETL-HR/SD signs off on it assuming we didn’t overspend. I’d say I have a strong ETL-HR, but she really challenges us to handle most of the HR duties and she be in a supporting role. I don’t handle hiring directly, but I do get the first say if I want to hire a TM.

Anything to know should I get the job? Would I be making my teams schedule?
So far since my store hired a new SE TL, they work SCO 10-6:30. They don't even make the breakout, opening SCO team member does. It seems like the SE TL is basically a glorified GSA now. They work the front and go to leadership meetings.

...in what capacity? ASANTS, but in majority of stores I would assume you really wouldn’t have anything to do with the HR workload/duties. At all. They have their own TM(s) and depending on store size you have multiple leaders within HR. If you’re wanting to do HR, you need to find a HR position. Not SETL.

For reference though - most TLs in my store write the schedule based off of the hours we were given, HR TM keys it, and ETL-HR/SD signs off on it assuming we didn’t overspend. I’d say I have a strong ETL-HR, but she really challenges us to handle most of the HR duties and she be in a supporting role. I don’t handle hiring directly, but I do get the first say if I want to hire a TM.
You will also fire people. And tell seasonals that they wont be kept. Its no fun at all. Make sure you can do those things.

So TL’s can fire but not hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back