Archived Applying and Transferring to a new store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am moving in a couple months and wanted to transfer to a Target store near my new house. I applied for one position through EHR and was going to apply for a few more, but it seems that it only lets you apply once every 180 days. Should I apply for the remaining stores and positions in the area through target careers website instead? Or should I talk to my HR and see if she can help me apply for the other stores in that area?

Whichever stores you applied at, make sure you visit the store and see their HR. While doing that, follow up with your home store HR to make sure ALL your paperwork is going smoothly.

Has anyone had experience with a transfer that they would be able to share ? I’ll be transferring and moving into a new store but staying in my same work center. Will you generally be put with a trainer like new hires ?

Has anyone had experience with a transfer that they would be able to share ? I’ll be transferring and moving into a new store but staying in my same work center. Will you generally be put with a trainer like new hires ?
No. Ask your home hr to contact the new store hr. Also, go by n w store & say hi. I am thinking about transferring to your store. Here is what I can do for you. I had a great tm who transfered & did that.

I actually transferred to the store I'm at now from across the country. I told my human resources to transfer me to the store and they basically contact the human resources from that store and send them all your information and if they have a space for you, which generally Target always looking for people, they'll put you in an appropriate position. Your pay might change because mine did but hopefully you get put into a similar position.

I transferred from a Super Target to a ultra low volume regular Target, and I was a deli / produce / meat department team member and I transferred to hardlines.

The whole process took about a month from leaving my old store to starting at my new store.

Process took about a month *realistically it could have been two weeks but we had a big reset in softlines so I held out.

Went from softlines brand —-> Mostly pricing and Instocks ( I was bounced around everywhere).

I knew nothing about instocks at the time but if the culture is good they will happily show you and if you’re savvy you learn quick. Respect how they do things at the new store while you’re getting into the gist of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back