Archived April Fools

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old STL at my store got the entire closing team to call out sick last year so the ETL would think he was screwed. People were calling all the up until 5 minutes before scheduled shift. He actually had some people show up late. It was amazing.

A coworker sent me a nasty text cursing me out because I didn't warn him about how our STL likes to run April Fools day. Our STL has been running around the store setting off callboxes in every direction whenever reshop is light and there aren't any CAFs left. SO glad I'm not there, but also wishing I was so I could see Bobboe's (obvs not real name) face as he runs around trying to clear fake call boxes.

I played a joke on my GSTL today. After I helped a guest get stuff in her car I said "the guest gave me a nice tip!" and my GSTL said "you cant accept tips" I said "why not?" and she started explaining why not so I said "you mean she cant give me advice like I should lift with my knees?" and I said "April fools!" She got a look on her face and said "Get out of hereeeee!" (it was the end of my shift)

@invaderjosie it's basically a commercial, but designed for the social media world instead of TV. Yes it's kind of dumb but if it went viral it would have been worth the time & effort.

@invaderjosie it's basically a commercial, but designed for the social media world instead of TV. Yes it's kind of dumb but if it went viral it would have been worth the time & effort.

Apparently it did quite well, I got an email on it this morning:
500,000+
That’s how many times our FannyBasket video was viewed yesterday. On a day where tons of brands are clamoring for attention, Target’s FannyBasket (patent pending … seriously) was the No. 2 most mentioned brand on social media, just behind Google. Adweek even included us in their roundup of the best brand hoaxes. Not too shabby for our first April Fool’s joke ever.
I guess there was a Buzzfeed article on it too: http://www.buzzfeed.com/targetfanny...-basket-and-it-saved-my-life-1evz9#.asLXkJxK2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back