Archived softlines April roll out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, we have had this going for awhile now and its a mess all we do is push. We got down audits and autofills, and we push. But we cant seem to get ahead there's always push left over and forget about pricing and our plano work thats way behind, how does a busy softlines get ahead and caught up. Theres not enough time in the day for all of it.

Hey, we have had this going for awhile now and its a mess all we do is push. We got down audits and autofills, and we push. But we cant seem to get ahead there's always push left over and forget about pricing and our plano work thats way behind, how does a busy softlines get ahead and caught up. Theres not enough time in the day for all of it.
And if you were in my store yesterday you spent most of your time on a checklane.

sorry new to site just found the mega thread Im sorry, should have posted there.

I’m an ETL in SL and this modernization is a disaster. No hours to support all this workload plus expectations unrealistic. Big failure for Target
Not really anything changed in style though? They were already doing their own push, pricing, plano, backstock, truck sort, audits and exfs? Have you always been struggling or just now?

I’m an ETL in SL and this modernization is a disaster. No hours to support all this workload plus expectations unrealistic. Big failure for Target

My team has been "modernized" for just over a year and we are doing really well. It took about 7 months for it all to click, but that won't happen if you're not getting the hours. We're lucky, it seems, to have an STL/SD that understands this.

Good luck.

Not really anything changed in style though? They were already doing their own push, pricing, plano, backstock, truck sort, audits and exfs? Have you always been struggling or just now?
Truck sort? At our store the Inbound team does the truck sort. Isn't that what is supposed to happen or is this a case of ASANTS....which I thought was the point of modernization, to have all stores the same?

My team has been "modernized" for just over a year and we are doing really well. It took about 7 months for it all to click, but that won't happen if you're not getting the hours. We're lucky, it seems, to have an STL/SD that understands this.

Good luck.
Our store gets the hours in softlines so I don't know what they are doing with their time. There will be at least 7 people in softlines at once with one or two in hardlines.

Truck sort? At our store the Inbound team does the truck sort. Isn't that what is supposed to happen or is this a case of ASANTS....which I thought was the point of modernization, to have all stores the same?
When inbound started the new process, I was one of the A&A sorters along with an Inbound TM, but she started bullying me pretty soon into the process, so it wasn't long before I asked to just be taken off truck process. It seems as though she's the only one doing sort every day, while other people get swapped out every few days, probably to keep her from treating anyone too badly or turning anyone into one of her minions, which is how she almost managed to get me written up 🙄🙄

So now, sometimes it's an inbound TM, an A&A TM, or even a Beauty TM helping out with A&A sort.

Technically it’s supposed to be a style TM that does the sort just like it’s supposed to be a beauty TM that comes in and sorts the beauty repacks into the sort vary for their first hour

Our biggest problem with modernization is that we don't have enough of the right kind of team members. You know, the ones that will actually do the work from end to end. Some refuse to do anything beyond zone... others will zone and push truck but nothing else. That leaves those who will actually zone, do reshop, push truck, backstock, set the floor, and etc.... carrying most of the weight on their shoulders. Most of these "half ass" workers are at night when there is no A&A leadership on the floor and up to this point closing LODs have sucked at holding them accountable. (Literally been told by other TMs shopping at night that when they see them they are standing around the FR desk chatting.) In spite of that we're managing to survive but I credit that to great SRTL and STL leadership and just enough hard workers to manage. There is so much more I'd love to be able to do under modernization but can't because everyone isn't carrying their fair share of the load.

Technically it’s supposed to be a style TM that does the sort just like it’s supposed to be a beauty TM that comes in and sorts the beauty repacks into the sort vary for their first hour

I could have sworn that I read inbound/GM team is responsible for A&A sort/breakout in the "Trailer Sort & Stock" manual. (If that's what you were getting at, apologies. Cannot brain today)

I could have sworn that I read inbound/GM team is responsible for A&A sort/breakout in the "Trailer Sort & Stock" manual. (If that's what you were getting at, apologies. Cannot brain today)
I went back and reread it and you’re right. I think it’s more the GM team earns the hours for the sort. My district uses beauty and style TMs to do their own sort but schedules them under inbound or now GM for a couple hours before they’re scheduled in Style or Beauty. I guess it’s asants

It is inbound in our store. The ETL who runs that sides schedules the hours for A&A inbound to break the truck. It is a BAAAD idea though because he controls the hours and what that TM does. Past few days he's been screwing us over by having the inbound A&A TM do other push for 2 hrs before touching the A&A truck. That puts us 2 hrs behind because it means she doesn't start breaking truck till 9am or 10am. Our SRTL had a few words with him. Usually the A&A TM can finish most of a truck in one go if she does nothing but A&A (technically we're supposed to have 2 TMs breaking A&A truck but she's experienced and fast) ... but when she loses 2 hours or more it's impossible..... I think it would be far better if A&A was given the hours for the A&A truck.... that way they'd get spent on A&A and not elsewhere.

I went back and reread it and you’re right. I think it’s more the GM team earns the hours for the sort. My district uses beauty and style TMs to do their own sort but schedules them under inbound or now GM for a couple hours before they’re scheduled in Style or Beauty. I guess it’s asants

Attachments

• 760B0F70-2B0E-4ED6-A5E4-7EDEF6B90876.jpeg
    760B0F70-2B0E-4ED6-A5E4-7EDEF6B90876.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
Like I said I went back and reread the guide. I have a copy at home. BUT if you’re scheduled under inbound/GM then you’re not a style consultant for that hour. I get it’s not the ideal perfect situation but I guarantee a lot of stores use their style team to break out since they know the product the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back