Post Modernization

Can we rotate throwing the truck for every team member? Why is everyone so reluctant to help get merchandise into the building? Like what is wrong with y'all?
Isn't getting merchandise out of the building kind of the point? First and last points of guest contact is the front end. It is necessary to make those impressions that will make them choose Target and want to come back. Quick, friendly checkout is their last impression. I understand that if the product they want isn't on the shelf, it may negatively impact that impression, but if there is guest interaction on the floor and the item is IN the store, it can be found for them even if it's still on the truck or in a repack on a u-boat and they will be happy. (Ask your fulfillment team about that.) It's really everyone's job. We often move front end/fulfillment/starbucks over to help push freight for parts of their shifts if it is possible.

In a related note I went to my first huddle since Fall 2019 yesterday.

I thought we were supposed to start doing those again last September.

We did it by the checklanes up front to show the guests that we are an engaged and informed team. 😒

We did it by the checklanes up front to show the guests that we are an engaged and informed team. 😒

We have huddles every night

Isn't getting merchandise out of the building kind of the point? First and last points of guest contact is the front end. It is necessary to make those impressions that will make them choose Target and want to come back. Quick, friendly checkout is their last impression. I understand that if the product they want isn't on the shelf, it may negatively impact that impression, but if there is guest interaction on the floor and the item is IN the store, it can be found for them even if it's still on the truck or in a repack on a u-boat and they will be happy. (Ask your fulfillment team about that.) It's really everyone's job. We often move front end/fulfillment/starbucks over to help push freight for parts of their shifts if it is possible.
My point is, the social aspect of cashiering, like the physical aspect of throwing the truck, is absolutely NOT something everyone in the building can easily handle.

I'd rotate cashiering shift for every team member, as the majority of any won't respond or go up without being pushed to the check lane, why is everyone so reluctant to help a shopper get through or done. it isn't just target either. like what is wrong with yall? I'm in my 30's, y'all in your 20's do so much complaining it's insane. Don't come at me, really explain to me....
I loathe cashiering. I hate being stuck behind a register, mindlessly scanning and bagging items, being forced to interact with people and say the same things over and over. Not able to move around when I want, to use the restroom when I need to, go on break when I want, etc.

No thank you.

My point is, the social aspect of cashiering, like the physical aspect of throwing the truck, is absolutely NOT something everyone in the building can easily handle.
I don't handle it well either, but they kept me here once cleaning shifts were gotten rid of. They want EVERYONE to know how to cashier now - even most of the inbound team, if they're still present when it gets crowded, can get called up to do cashiering. It's relatively easy most of the time, but we've started getting nagged about the redcard again. I refuse to hawk it honestly, and only suggest it when that manager is within earshot. You all know the one, you probably have them at your store, who's obsessed with the motherloving redcard numbers. If I wanted to hawk credit cards I'd go work for Sams Club.

It is so unutterably BORING to cashier just to begin with. At least it doesn't require too much focus, once you learn how to you can virtually do it asleep.

I miss the days when I was told "apply for inbound, you don't have to talk to anyone but your coworkers"

Last edited:
Good luck with that. My store tried and failed since nobody was willing to hold Fulfillment accountable for leaving partial casepacks everywhere and throwing their trash all over the floor.
That was my first thought... SFS digging through case packs.

We are stopping the case less backroom.
We had a group visit recently and that was covered in the recap email sent out. Every Target store (supposedly) is going back to casepack backstocking.

Except our district...

Which, honestly, after being a part of the backroom remodel team converting our light duty steel to support caseless process, I'm fine with.

Last edited:
We had a group visit recently and that was covered in the recap email sent out. Every Target store (supposedly) is going back to casepack backstocking.

Except our district...

Which, honestly, after being a part of the backroom remodel team converting our light duty steel to support caseless process, I'm fine with.

My store is cracking down so hard on people leaving partial and/or full cases they're threatening immediate CAs to the offenders. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Good luck with that. My store tried and failed since nobody was willing to hold Fulfillment accountable for leaving partial casepacks everywhere and throwing their trash all over the floor.

Sa

Except our district...

Except our district...

What district are you in?

Except our district...

Why? Maybe it's just that my area (OTC and Personal Care) generally works pretty well with no cases. When I get many cases of the same product, I'll back stock it in the cases, but mostly everything goes in wacos.

They had us reprofile our backrooms for caseless and categories, and now they’re going back to caseless. Great. I doubt they’re giving stores payroll to rip out a bunch of WACOs and reprofile again.

Oh, wait, they never gave us payroll to reprofile the first time around.
You are not going back to casepack . I’m more concerned about stores with backroom constraints.How are they going to give style 250-300 section to put style on location because of the huge inf

Back