Post Modernization

You are not going back to casepack . I’m more concerned about stores with backroom constraints.How are they going to give style 250-300 section to put style on location because of the huge inf
I don't think style being unlocated is the problem. RFID guns make it a non-issue when it's on the floor. The problem is most likely style freight that isn't being pushed, but is still in repacks and palletized, along with stores not utilizing RFID guns to locate product and instead choosing to INF to save time because of the inability to stay on top of OPU/SFS orders dropping in.

Both issues boil down to inadequate staffing and payroll, so even finding time to properly backstock style is going to run into similar problems.

Last edited:
Anyone have those safety cards in the backroom directing tm s to not place heavy items above 6ft. ? Closing crew here, say, clears out the casepacks of rubbing alcohol and shampoo from upper steel just to return the next night to find it replaced with cases of mouthwash. Wash rinse repeat...when exactly do we get to the mountain of nightly reshop when we spend so much time every night bringing down full or cherry picked casepacks in the name of safety??

Anyone have those safety cards in the backroom directing tm s to not place heavy items above 6ft. ? Closing crew here, say, clears out the casepacks of rubbing alcohol and shampoo from upper steel just to return the next night to find it replaced with cases of mouthwash. Wash rinse repeat...when exactly do we get to the mountain of nightly reshop when we spend so much time every night bringing down full or cherry picked casepacks in the name of safety??
Honestly, that’s where we were always trained to put them. If there’s an excess of something, we never put it at the bottom or eye-level because you want to save that space for other things that are going to be worked much sooner.

By excess, I mean 5+ cases of the same thing. If it’s only a few cases of the same DPCI, then yeah, it should be stowed at lower level.

It could depend on the store too. If only one section is labeled for mouthwash, then the expectation could be you just go higher and higher with backstock instead of going into a different section (which is why I hate categorized sections).

Last edited:
You are not going back to casepack . I’m more concerned about stores with backroom constraints.How are they going to give style 250-300 section to put style on location because of the huge inf
We were told to go back to casepack above 6ft and to regroup it to upper casepacks again. Not just our store but the two dsd's I talked to gave the stores those directions.

"Pay attention asshole, I'll be glad to cover a register, do SCO and whatever else is required at the front end but never get on my ass about not finishing something that is physically impossible for one person in the short time allotted. Do you understand what I just said, shall I repeat it?" Wouldn't you love to say that?

Why are we still unloading trucks like this period? If they want the product on the floor quickly the logistics/inbound process needs to change. Some stores are testing pods and pallets like FDC.
Money. It’s overall more cost effective. There’s a reason why Walmart still does it like this too. It sucks for the stores but they save money in the long run

"Pay attention asshole, I'll be glad to cover a register, do SCO and whatever else is required at the front end but never get on my ass about not finishing something that is physically impossible for one person in the short time allotted. Do you understand what I just said, shall I repeat it?" Wouldn't you love to say that?
I'd love to say that, man...

Back