Archived APS Schedule Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackedAP

You gotta receipt for that?
What’s up!

First off let me say this forum is great. It’s been great resource for me on my Target journey.

My question is about scheduling, specifically APS scheduling.

I’m currently a TPS (part-time). I just interviewed for APS, and all signs show I’m going to get it.

My dilemma is this: currently my ETL schedules me around days I have my child (which vary) so I don’t need to pay for child care. I’m very grateful for this arrangement, and it’s part of the reason why I’ve been at my store for 1.5 years.

My concern is that if I take the APS job and they can’t or won’t schedule me around days that I have my child, it makes no sense for me to take the APS job because child care would cancel out how much more I make.

So, how flexible are they usually with scheduling? Does it depend on the ETL?

I will bring this up with the ETL, but any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Jack

I don’t know about AP specifically, but scheduling accommodations are usually up to the ETL. Sounds like your ETL is o.k, so it might work out.

It really depends on your AP lead. There is obviously a change in the role given that you can apprehend on your own now, which means you could be put on shifts that you weren't normally scheduled as to when you were a TPS. Sounds like you're still working under the same ETL-AP, so I would link up with them and discuss your concerns. I do scheduling for my AP team that has an APS and I'm pretty flexible. Again, it really depends on your AP lead.

Keep in mind that APS is a great spot to fill if you're looking to move up in AP.

@Black Sheep 214 @BobBelcher Yeah I figured it would be kind of be up to the ETL. I’ll get with my ETL and discuss for sure. APS does sound like a great oppurtunity, especially given how selective it’s gotten. Thanks for the insights!

@Black Sheep 214 @BobBelcher Yeah I figured it would be kind of be up to the ETL. I’ll get with my ETL and discuss for sure. APS does sound like a great oppurtunity, especially given how selective it’s gotten. Thanks for the insights!
Yes, APS is slim shot a lot of the time! There are only 2 in my whole district, and if you have an opportunity where you would be able to land APS in a store that you've already been a TPS in, I'd take it! Good luck, man.

Congrats. As an APS, you have one primary metric everyone is going to judge you by. Apps. If most apprehensions at your store occur at 7pm on a Saturday, you're expected to work. There's an Excel file in AP Zone that will show you the peak time/days for apprehensions at your store. You can expect your schedule to generally reflect peak activity dates/times. I would discuss you and your ETL's expectations before you accept the promotion.

@unknown True. Especially during the holiday season, when everything goes out the window 😂

I can already see what might happen. "Of course we'll schedule you around when you have your child." Then one thing changes. Business needs.

Plus, what happens when that ETL leaves. Just something to consider.
Yep! I've noticed significant changes as ETLs change. Different work area but former ETLs said, "I can't [do this and that]". New ones just get it done*.

*Seems there was some preferential treatment given to certain individuals before and I'd always suspected but now I know for sure.

As stared, "business needs" will ALWAYS come first. THAT and, as I saw, favoritism.

To be honest, you should be able to write your own schedule. My APS was able to write his own for the most part. As long as your get results, usually it shouldn’t matter. Thing is, being APS, you should know the best times to schedule yourself.
Now with that said, if your an APS in a store with multiple APSs, you might not be able to write your own schedule to avoid overlap. Also, you might need to be flexible at times, if a booster is hitting your store when you always happen to be off, eventually your gonna have to figure out a way to come in during that time.

Also, check out Guides-> Specality-> Assets Protection on here. Good luck with the APS job, best position in the store.
https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/official-assets-protection-thread.29/page-195

To be honest, you should be able to write your own schedule. My APS was able to write his own for the most part. As long as your get results, usually it shouldn’t matter. Thing is, being APS, you should know the best times to schedule yourself.
Now with that said, if your an APS in a store with multiple APSs, you might not be able to write your own schedule to avoid overlap. Also, you might need to be flexible at times, if a booster is hitting your store when you always happen to be off, eventually your gonna have to figure out a way to come in during that time.

Also, check out Guides-> Specality-> Assets Protection on here. Good luck with the APS job, best position in the store.
https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/official-assets-protection-thread.29/page-195
I heard a store in the Midwest got robbed last week after closing.

My whole team gets scheduled to theft trends first, then coverage after. They have to have open availability and can't expect to work the same days and shifts each week. Sometimes we're good with just a TPS here...sometimes we need all hands on deck.

STOP TALKING AP ONLINE AND USE CLOSE BY STORES AS RESOURCES FOR IDEAS OMG the amount of thieves that know about this site ...imagine...damn just looking out for you guys fucking damn I love my AP .... if they talked online openly about this shit I'd wanna slap them though...YEAH even if it's ASANTS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back