Archived Are all closing leads former Senior TLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store promoted a gsa to closing lead. Although she made a point of proving she could handle taking on more during our remodel.

So I am the only Senior left at my store and we had 3 last year. I have expressed that I have no interest in the position due to work/life balance reasons. I was told at first that if nobody in the store was interested then they would hire externally. Now I am being told that it has to be someone internal and a senior TL per our DTL. Are they going to try and force me to take it? If so they better come at me with more than pleases and thank yous!

Our closing TL is not one of our SRTL. She was softline TL and is now going to be the closer. Now in our store we have had only two SRTL since last year and now one is being promoted to ETL the other is going to be softline TL

Closing lead is the best position to get. We've been in role for a year. I was a senior before, but my co lead was not. If you want to move up to leader, this is the position you need to be in. From what I have heard, everyone who moved from TL to closing lead got a good bump in pay. Those who went to GM and got let's and codes, did not.

Closing TL at old store not a Sr. One at current store is. All districts are not the same, maybe?
Some districts seem to be moving GSAs into the role, others are like mine where the DTL was insisting only seniors be moved into the role. Probably depends on market and volume etc; metropolitan area with mostly high volume higher risk stores, they’re going to need serious talent. More rural areas, with lower volume lower risk stores? A GSA can handle being there for Karens who want to ‘talk to a manager’, getting screwed into finishing rollover workload, and locking up the building.

our closing tls weren’t seniors, but both tls. it seems like us gsas may end up closing every night anyway and get stuck dealing with the issues up front even though we’re just “advocates”

The person that it seems like they're training to be closing TL is currently a Flex TM, though they're certainly ready for a TL position. Store is currently experiencing a lot of leadership changes

Closing TL at my store and some of the surrounding are the newest TLs to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back