Archived Are any stores still having huddles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have them in the mornings at 8. We switched evening huddle to right before we leave so we can "vibe more with the guest" cause our survey scores are bad.

We always have a morning huddle. Evening huddles depend on what leaders are present and rarely happen on weekends.

We have huddle every morning mon-thurs. the weekend & nights we dont do it anymore

We usually have evening huddles still, front end gets them too once a week or sometimes twice. Evening huddle is always back in Electronics.

at my store we have SEVERAL different huddles! salesfloor has a morning and an evening huddle, although our evening huddle needs to change cause we always have it during our rush hour and then all the ETLS and TLs go on break together afterwords leaving two (sometimes 3) of us to cover the floor.

Huddles are useless. They take up time, registers get backed up, shite ain't getting zoned, and yep. Huddles serve no purpose except for kool-aid drinking. What does the red card count do for the salesfloor team? Who cares?

We have them every evening in receiving... resulting in being called to the front lanes. IF we are lucky, we get treats! LOL then off to clear the often long line in the back. We're lucky if we can start zoning at a decent time

I only go to huddles for the snacks. If someone from the floor tries to not attend, they're called out by name by the ETLS on the walkie...and don't even think about not having a Vibe story or some recognition!

We have salesfloor huddle every morning and it's always a "smart" huddle. We used to have it in Starbucks once a week, with free samples, but not anymore. We used to have fun events at huddle once in a while, but not anymore. It's all business all the time now. Don't they know that morale can make a big difference in productivity? Vibe cards? Who gives a .......

We have morning huddle then 4x4 then mid day impact and evening huddle depending on what tl is lod.

We have them at opening, and 6pm closing. I'm a PA and usually open market. I actually make it to huddle maybe 1 out of 3 times it is called. As I have legit, 1000 other things on plate I could be doing.

As far as I know they have them. As a cashier, we are left out of the huddles, usually.
Once, a few weeks ago, after their huddle in Starbucks with samples, they had 3 people cover the lanes and us 3 cashiers got to have a mini huddle. One cashier asked where our samples were. Love her!! After being back on the lane for awhile we finally got our samples.
I think cashiers need different info at the huddles. We need to know what coupon/gift card deals are going on, survey results as we are they ones pushing them to the guests, any coupon fraud going on. I could care less about the attachment rate back in Electronics or other metrics on the sales floor. I'm just glad we don't have to do smart huddles. Yuck!!

We have huddles nearly every morning. But the productivity teams (instocks, POG, pricing) don't go, so I almost never see it. A lot of times it's a smart huddle to work out strays or clearance.

As far as I know they have them. As a cashier, we are left out of the huddles, usually.
Once, a few weeks ago, after their huddle in Starbucks with samples, they had 3 people cover the lanes and us 3 cashiers got to have a mini huddle. One cashier asked where our samples were. Love her!! After being back on the lane for awhile we finally got our samples.
I think cashiers need different info at the huddles. We need to know what coupon/gift card deals are going on, survey results as we are they ones pushing them to the guests, any coupon fraud going on. I could care less about the attachment rate back in Electronics or other metrics on the sales floor. I'm just glad we don't have to do smart huddles. Yuck!!

As a cashier, I wish we had some form of huddles so everyone's at least on the same page in terms of communication. WE should know the Redcard rate and the survey results, as you said. Only once have I ever checked the break schedule before hopping on a lane to find a sheet of such info (only because we were having a visit that day).
I don't even know what a smart huddle is.

I've done samples for cashiers whenever we have a new drink roll-out. I've also done 'em whenever it's been a brutal day & they need a pick-me-up.
I hear I'm liked (& missed) more than the current crop of GSTLs. (need an evil smilie here)

As a cashier, I wish we had some form of huddles so everyone's at least on the same page in terms of communication. WE should know the Redcard rate and the survey results, as you said. Only once have I ever checked the break schedule before hopping on a lane to find a sheet of such info (only because we were having a visit that day).
I don't even know what a smart huddle is.

Well, a smart huddle at my store is when everyone gets together over in Market usually and after going over a few things everyone checks dates on products and pulls them if they're outdated. I despise these.

Well, a smart huddle at my store is when everyone gets together over in Market usually and after going over a few things everyone checks dates on products and pulls them if they're outdated. I despise these.

Sounds like Freshness Friday. At my store, it's almost always re-shop. Pricing and instocks have to participate, but P-Fresh and plano usually get out of it. I hate when we're in softlines because I don't know where the hell anything goes. Give me a cart of domestics and I can knock it out in no time, but anything in softlines requires an unreasonably large amount of assistance.

Our (now former) ETL-GE came up with the idea of a one minute huddle. It's a sheet of paper that lists sales info, conversion, vibe scores, etc. that all the GSTLs/GSAs are supposed to go over with the cashiers once they clock in and come out to the lanes. Unfortunately, it's happening less and less since he left - we just get yelled at about conversion just like before.

Our (now former) ETL-GE came up with the idea of a one minute huddle. It's a sheet of paper that lists sales info, conversion, vibe scores, etc. that all the GSTLs/GSAs are supposed to go over with the cashiers once they clock in and come out to the lanes. Unfortunately, it's happening less and less since he left - we just get yelled at about conversion just like before.

That is a great idea, a check in for the basics not just for cashiers but for anyone who starts after morning huddle.. You know what the basics are and you can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back