Archived Are there any targets with the old layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still a handful of locations in Las Vegas like that. It's odd really, like Target hates Nevada maybe. There are only three pFresh locations in Vegas, no Optical, onlt 2 portrait studio and 3 photo, no SuperTarget either. They still have three of the P97 locations with the old color blocks with yellow, and at least four locations with the updated color signs where blue replaced yellow in softlines. The P2001 stores were the best in my opinion, Target really got it right with these. Too bad the color "worlds" were so short lived. Started with all red and ten years later we're back to all red. At least make the SuperTarget and pfresh signs green?

Las Vegas and Detroit are the last two markets in the country without having a majority of their stores being Pfresh. This is being fixed as both are part of the 2013 remodel plans.

if it has the neons and the color blocks (red, yellow, blue and green) then it is.

The first target I ever was in got a remodel not to long ago. went in earler this year. It looked nice.

There's a Super Target in Northeastern Ohio that still has the neon color blocks.....kind of neat.

I've noticed that the carpet...the red with funky yellowish stripes....is in the pictures of some of the older Target stores. I'd have thought that Target would have designed a new carpet for the stores....guess not!

The store I started working at was a mid 90s store, they didn't even try to remodel it. Just shut it down and opened another one down the road.

I work at an older store that still has the color worlds. We still have a portrait studio and a target cafe. No plans to remodel.

Portrait Studios are not unheard of, there common in SuperTarget's and former higher-volume GreatLand stores. Personally.. I love older non-remodeled stores... it brings back so many good memories from my childhood. :)

We went through a remodel about ten years ago...best thing they ever did . There is a store about an hour from mine that has the same layout that it was built with ( the store is over 20 years old )

There's a Super Target in Northeastern Ohio that still has the neon color blocks.....kind of neat.

I've noticed that the carpet...the red with funky yellowish stripes....is in the pictures of some of the older Target stores. I'd have thought that Target would have designed a new carpet for the stores....guess not!
my store is a plain-jane GM in NEO, and we still have the neon. the weird thing about it is that our store was built in 2001, well after they started using a new prototype... and they still went with the neon. every time we get a visit from anyone higher than district they comment on how unusual it is. I doubt they'll ever give us a remodel. now the store in the 'nice town' just south of us got PFresh, and about a year ago got a remodel also, though they were already on a newer prototype than us. I guess it's because that's where all the fancy rich people shop.

There's a store 2 miles from me with a an early 90s layout STILL WITH CIRCLE RACKS AND YELLOW BORDERED TABLES. Cracks me up whenever I shop there. No pharmacy, no Starbucks, only like 7 coolers/freezers, and food ave is very basic and closes at 7pm.
Oh and COSMETICS IS STILL IN JEWELRY!

tRyE8gq.jpg
gHEu1uQ.jpg

NuskKql.jpg

1n7nkJH.jpg

Cvo1CJa.jpg

1horcRt.jpg

ROVGYDz.jpg

Lol! This gives me flashbacks of back to school shopping with my mom. This is how the local Target looked as a kid. I just remembered the colorful neon lights on the walls. Back then, I don't think they had the popular "hipster trendy" image they have now. My mom actually preferred Kmart back then.

There is a store similar to the one pictured by HardlinesFour in Lufkin, TX. The store is a remnant from the early 90's in an isolated market that has yet to see a remodel.

my store is a plain-jane GM in NEO, and we still have the neon. the weird thing about it is that our store was built in 2001, well after they started using a new prototype... and they still went with the neon. every time we get a visit from anyone higher than district they comment on how unusual it is. I doubt they'll ever give us a remodel. now the store in the 'nice town' just south of us got PFresh, and about a year ago got a remodel also, though they were already on a newer prototype than us. I guess it's because that's where all the fancy rich people shop.

Sounds like someone is jealous of the Arlington Target...

I also work at a GM store in PA. I personally like the colour worlds. It's way easier to call for a "TM in blue world" than it is to get a "TM in bedding". Also way easier for guests.

Sounds like someone is jealous of the Arlington Target...

I'm not even slightly jealous of the store south of us. in addition to PFresh, they also have IGS because they put their Starbucks in their old guest service, which means they also still have Food Ave. they also get all the really stuck up guests who are rude and look down on us when they have to come to our store, even though the guests from every other town say how much nicer and cleaner our store is and how much friendlier our TMs are. (which is true.) also, their remodel made the entire store red, which makes it dark and intensely claustrophobic. plus having all the signs have the same color scheme means it's so easy to get lost. the 90s prototype we have looks dated and it's out of place given the age of our store, but our store is clean and bright and easy to navigate. also, when the neon goes off you know it's time to go home! :D

We have the neon lights, but they're red. We also still have the outside doors painted in blue and green, which is nice

I actually don't think there's very few of these stores lingering around anymore. I think the remodel team has gotten the last stragglers.

I actually don't think there's very few of these stores lingering around anymore. I think the remodel team has gotten the last stragglers.

Toledo, OH is still unremodeled with the neon stores. I was surprised that they got they self-checkouts.

I also have a friend who lives in Iowa... Some of those stores are still the older 'neon' stores, but they got the Electronics remodel, which just looks weird in an older store.

We have those upstairs along with the conference room and learning library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back