Are We Getting Bonuses this year?

Off topic but I have had an HR question for a while now that I hope you can answer. When the SD and ETL’s go out to lunch on Target does it come from the same money account that funds the food that the TM’s get in the breakroom?
I can actually see the weight gain on the new crew of management that is how often they go. We get nothing. NOTHING! The last thing we had in the breakroom was a broken bag of dum dums and that was months ago.
Yes. Depending on the size of your store, the store is given a budget each month to cover employee recognition. I’ve seen budgets of around a 1,000 minimum for smaller stores. This is also the fault of your HR leader to make sure the money is used for the TMs. We were told to make sure we had food every weekend during the holidays.

So why is this a thing? Why is it that only those who work weekends are recognized? Why aren't those who work every Monday through Friday important enough to be recognized for their hard work?
What job do you have that you only work mon-Fri? This is retail and weekends are expected especially during this time of year. Personally I think anyone that only has to work Monday through Friday is already getting a benefit. Wish I only worked Mon-Fri. But then I knew what I signed up for when I started.

IMHO bonuses should be based on your average hours, tenure, and maybe a little extra for working weekends.

Target just gave the same to everyone because they were too lazy to figure out different amounts for different TMs.

So why is this a thing? Why is it that only those who work weekends are recognized? Why aren't those who work every Monday through Friday important enough to be recognized for their hard work?
We also had food on Christmas Eve. Having food on the weekends was the direction I was given. I also put out snacks and drinks randomly on week days.

What job do you have that you only work mon-Fri? This is retail and weekends are expected especially during this time of year. Personally I think anyone that only has to work Monday through Friday is already getting a benefit. Wish I only worked Mon-Fri. But then I knew what I signed up for when I started.

Many of us who set the transitions only work M-F because in general it is a terrible idea to have aisles torn up when the store is busiest. And yes, it absolutely is a benefit; however we ALL deserve an extra thank you for the work we put in this time of year no matter what days we work.

Ahhh.... another presumptuous retail worker who thinks the store only needs people to work when they are available and also has no negotiation skills. I've been working overnights, early am's and closings, depending on what the needs of the business were for many, many years. Maybe since before you were born. I now work CO Mon-Fri and transition to either fulfillment or service advocate afterwards because those are the needs of the business and I have a set schedule, since that is how our current management operates. I'm available weekends, but those hours are given to those who are still in school or work a second job. I am cross trained to work every area of the store except cafe/SB. I work 40+ hours a week and have for all of these years.

Last edited:
I’m HR and used the PCard to purchase all the food deliveries for the store this holiday season and it comes out of the same account. Store management needs to classify the food when reconciling the purchases with the receipts.

my read on the post i replied to was that it was about break room snacks and stuff but yeah if we’re talking about outside food delivery/purchases yeah 100%

ASANTS. While some stores they may be using the P-Card for their lunches it is not what all stores do. I was at a store that team members all thought that. But in reality while they would order food together they would each pay whoever did the ordering. These p-cards are tracked and if all they did was buy food for themselves you can bet it would be caught and they would get in trouble.
On another note- you’re telling me that during all of this 4th quarter craziness you haven’t gotten ANY food at all?
Xmas eve we got cookies.... i was expecting something hot and not cookies. Hell i wouldve accepted subs

Ahhh.... another presumptuous retail worker who thinks the store only needs people to work when they are available and also has no negotiation skills. I've been working overnights, early am's and closings, depending on what the needs of the business were for many, many years. Maybe since before you were born. I now work CO Mon-Fri and transition to either fulfillment or service advocate afterwards because those are the needs of the business and I have a set schedule, since that is how our current management operates. I'm available weekends, but those hours are given to those who are still in school or work a second job. I am cross trained to work every area of the store except cafe/SB. I work 40+ hours a week and have for all of these years.
I have a preety sweet setup working on demand i put in 30 hour weeks the last 2 weeks ontop of my day job. They kept me cause I'm a force multiplier. I know enough to be able to be a tl. But I'm not.

Many of us who set the transitions only work M-F because in general it is a terrible idea to have aisles torn up when the store is busiest. And yes, it absolutely is a benefit; however we ALL deserve an extra thank you for the work we put in this time of year no matter what days we work.
Oh I fully know when those who set transitions work since I have been a POG lead. But this is 4th quarter. There are no transitions. Oh, a few entertainment revisions weekly and some flex pogs they keep sending. Our POG team becomes the toy team that works weekends. Those very few that don’t work weekends are lucky they manage that however don’t receive as many hours. Once upon a time it was a sweet gig to work Mon-Fri early shift. But this is retail and Target needs team members there when the guests are there and it’s the busiest. But this was all about the food wasn’t it? Sorry to those stores that leadership dropped the ball. Our store had food each weekend as well as many times during the weeks.

Congrats on your set schedule Mon-Fri. You are one of the rare ones. I definitely appreciate the fact that you think I’m so young! Lol. I’ve been at this Target game longer then you think

We have lot of TMs who work Mon-Fri set schedule . They get 40hrs too . They work hard when they come in . I don’t see anything wrong with it . My store lets people choose their off days as long as told well in advance .

We have lot of TMs who work Mon-Fri set schedule . They get 40hrs too . They work hard when they come in . I don’t see anything wrong with it . My store lets people choose their off days as long as told well in advance .
I think we have 3. That’s it. They’ve been with the company a while and so their availability has been that way for quite some time. Anyone new though. If they even say they can’t do weekends, forget it. Our store won’t even look at the application further. Nice to see some stores don’t all follow that pattern.

ASANTS. While some stores they may be using the P-Card for their lunches it is not what all stores do. I was at a store that team members all thought that. But in reality while they would order food together they would each pay whoever did the ordering. These p-cards are tracked and if all they did was buy food for themselves you can bet it would be caught and they would get in trouble.
On another note- you’re telling me that during all of this 4th quarter craziness you haven’t gotten ANY food at all?
None. We didn’t even get anything on Christmas Eve to eat. The only thing they did for us was put gift bags, bows and name tags In our break area with a sign saying we could wrap A gift but only if bought at target. Our SD, ETL’s and HR are all new to target. The one being there the longest is 8 months. They might not know the rules but these over an hour lunches just piss everyone off. They actually leave and go out.

None. We didn’t even get anything on Christmas Eve to eat. The only thing they did for us was put gift bags, bows and name tags In our break area with a sign saying we could wrap A gift but only if bought at target. Our SD, ETL’s and HR are all new to target. The one being there the longest is 8 months. They might not know the rules but these over an hour lunches just piss everyone off. They actually leave and go out.
They are salary. They can do what they want.

Your SD, ETLs and HR all leave the building and you're complaining? Shit, I'd suggest that they take all the TLs with them and go enjoy a nice loooooooong lunch somewhere. That would be better than any amount of food in the breakroom.

I say that even though my store's leadership is generally not awful like some store's. But, shit, they're out of the building? Cool. That'll be an hour or two I won't get asked yet again about finishing the set workload they didn't schedule any time to do (when I get to it or you send me help with freight), or getting asked yet again why that flat of transition is still floating in the back (because I haven't had time to set, duh), or getting asked why my out of stocks are so big (because you're so obsessed with setting that mini "set" their pogs and didn't fill them and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop what I'm doing to fill their "kitchen" shelves)." And, of course, immediately after those questions getting the other type: "Can you do the guided audits for PP1 they all left for the day without doing them?" (Sure, shoud only take a half hour I don't have to walk around and audit all that out to zero out of spite,) "Can you push the furniture flat for the girls in domestics?" (OK, their lack of penises doesn't make them invalids, but if you want to be sexist, OK) "Can you keep an eye on a fulfillment and jump in if they need help?" (Everyone in this building knows by now I'm not going to do that, why do we need to have that conversation again?) "Seasonal TM X in (not your department) left a U-boat she says is backstock can you re-run it to check?" (Sure, looks like backstock to me!)

I mean I seriously get along with leadership. I'm one of the store's golden children. But, damn, get them all out of the building on lunch once in awhile. That would be great. So much better than Chipotle or Papa John's in the break room that will cold by the time I go to lunch anyway.

Your SD, ETLs and HR all leave the building and you're complaining? Shit, I'd suggest that they take all the TLs with them and go enjoy a nice loooooooong lunch somewhere. That would be better than any amount of food in the breakroom.

I say that even though my store's leadership is generally not awful like some store's. But, shit, they're out of the building? Cool. That'll be an hour or two I won't get asked yet again about finishing the set workload they didn't schedule any time to do (when I get to it or you send me help with freight), or getting asked yet again why that flat of transition is still floating in the back (because I haven't had time to set, duh), or getting asked why my out of stocks are so big (because you're so obsessed with setting that mini "set" their pogs and didn't fill them and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop what I'm doing to fill their "kitchen" shelves)." And, of course, immediately after those questions getting the other type: "Can you do the guided audits for PP1 they all left for the day without doing them?" (Sure, shoud only take a half hour I don't have to walk around and audit all that out to zero out of spite,) "Can you push the furniture flat for the girls in domestics?" (OK, their lack of penises doesn't make them invalids, but if you want to be sexist, OK) "Can you keep an eye on a fulfillment and jump in if they need help?" (Everyone in this building knows by now I'm not going to do that, why do we need to have that conversation again?) "Seasonal TM X in (not your department) left a U-boat she says is backstock can you re-run it to check?" (Sure, looks like backstock to me!)

I mean I seriously get along with leadership. I'm one of the store's golden children. But, damn, get them all out of the building on lunch once in awhile. That would be great. So much better than Chipotle or Papa John's in the break room that will cold by the time I go to lunch anyway.
You need to come work at my store. They do a walk at 7am and 3pm otherwise they stay in the offices. We don’t see them.

I felt this post in my inner soul. lol. It is seriously like what is in that kool aid they be drinking?!?

Back