Archived As Advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a mind game to trick people into thinking it's a special deal.

A lot of people see the red sale sign and subconsciously decide that means it must be a good deal.

Yeah they do psychological studies into sales tricks like these. Blows the mind how often it actually works.

As advertised signing are used, because that vendor paid spot for that product to be "new" or "feature item" for that week.

There was a pilot run several years ago to see if it was worth it to discard the 'as advertised' signs. Apparently it wasn't worth it as the signs do actually entice shoppers to buy the merchandise that isn't on sale.

IMO if you're complaining about these signs, you have not been with Target very long. Spot has come a VERY long way in terms of ease in putting up the ad. Nowadays, it's quite simple to get up the ad in a minimal amount of time. Are there still issues? Sure, but it's certainly not as bad as it used to be.

There was a pilot run several years ago to see if it was worth it to discard the 'as advertised' signs. Apparently it wasn't worth it as the signs do actually entice shoppers to buy the merchandise that isn't on sale.

IMO if you're complaining about these signs, you have not been with Target very long. Spot has come a VERY long way in terms of ease in putting up the ad. Nowadays, it's quite simple to get up the ad in a minimal amount of time. Are there still issues? Sure, but it's certainly not as bad as it used to be.
You don't miss all the boxes of 3x5 sign holders? Some things have definitely changed for the better.

These "As Advertised" sale signs are the most useless signs. Seriously, what good are they?

When I would do ad set, I threw stacks and stacks of the as advertised signs away. I'd weed through and pull out legit sale and TPC signs and hang those. What a waste of everything, time, money, and resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back