Archived Asking for a raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our electronics is finally going E2E, and I was asked lead this change. I would be scheduled time off the floor to come up with new routines, schedule TMs, and changed what I thought needed to be changed. Our TL isn't the strongest, was hired this time last year, and struggles with time management. I feel like this is a lot of responsibility for no pay increase. The only thing I was offered was a rotation. I was wondering how likely a pay increase would be? I'm guessing slim.

Slim.... yes - that's the perfect description. Enjoy that 25 cents!!!

Are you looking to promote at Target some time in the future? Or looking to pad your LinkedIn profile?

Otherwise, they're looking to you to be a TL without the pay. Suggest they let you interview for the TL of Electronics. Sounds like the one they have isn't effective and may need to be replaced.

Otherwise, I'd pass!

Sounds like an opp to 'prove yourself'.
That sound you hear? A dangling carrot.

I switched from electronics to GSA back in Dec. because a GSTL left and lost 3 GSAs. I told the GSTL that's still here I want to go back to electronics or I was just going to start looking for a new job about two months ago. The HR-ETL and ETL GE begged me to stay as a GSA. I stuck to my guns and now I've been back in electronics for about a month and then get asked this. I feel like I already 'proved myself' being GSA. I think Passingtime is right with getting rid of the TL. I heard today he may have gotten a CCA a week or two ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I switched from electronics to GSA back in Dec. because a GSTL left and lost 3 GSAs. I told the GSTL that's still here I want to go back to electronics or I was just going to start looking for a new job about two months ago. The HR-ETL and ETL GE begged me to stay as a GSA. I stuck to my guns and now I've been back in electronics for about a month and then get asked this. I feel like I already 'proved myself' being GSA. I think Passingtime is right with getting rid of the TL. I heard today he may have gotten a CCA a week or two ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For a TL, a CCA is a harbinger of doom.

The tech tl maybe performance out, due to cut backs on tl head counts. Don't be surprised if your pay is the same as a cashier.

I've heard Leadership say "do the job you want" or something like that. Make sure you ask for that TL interview so they don't forget about you though. They don't give raises outside of the normal schedule, unless your position changes, so asking for a raise will be fruitless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back