Archived ATM next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trucks everyday would be interesting especially for slower stores. What would they do, have it a quarter full? I foresee our shifts changing to that of the udc's

Trucks everyday would be interesting especially for slower stores. What would they do, have it a quarter full? I foresee our shifts changing to that of the udc's

And what are those? Did you ever get an answer?

After that ATM, I'm not really gonna read too far into this. Remember a couple years back they said that Roverpick was gonna be the huge game changer? ...And where exactly is that now?

But to digress, I do find it interesting that they're trying to make the DC's into gigantic backrooms, light duty and all. And on another note, will all RDC's become either flow or reserve centers? Will any 'as-is' RDC's remain? Will personnel or physical building size be downsized? There's a lot of questions here, but I think we're gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Wait so what are they doing?

After that ATM, I'm not really gonna read too far into this. Remember a couple years back they said that Roverpick was gonna be the huge game changer? ...And where exactly is that now?

But to digress, I do find it interesting that they're trying to make the DC's into gigantic backrooms, light duty and all. And on another note, will all RDC's become either flow or reserve centers? Will any 'as-is' RDC's remain? Will personnel or physical building size be downsized? There's a lot of questions here, but I think we're gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out.

The way it was communicated us, tm's and om's I've talked to, it sounds like the rdcs as we know them will be gone and we will either be flow or reserve. Communication is never done properly so I guess it's just wait and see. And no, never heard what udc shifts are.

They discussed a new style of flowing freight (very few full cases, more single items, but on rolling carts versus repacks). There was a video on inside that showing the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back