Attachment Bonuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So a rep from Apple was in this Tuesday morning when I came into work today. One of the things he told me was that he heard from somewhere that Target is supposedly going to roll out some sort of bonus program where we get more money in our paychecks based on how many attachments we sell. I don't believe a word of it, although I am curious if anybody on here has heard anything of the like? He didn't really say where he heard it from, he just said that it should be happening soon.

First and foremost, as my old Electronic TL said, "Attachments are part of our jobs...you shouldn't be privileged for getting one."

LOL. That does not exactly sound fair. There is 1 TM in electronics. So are they going to give cereal bonuses for the TM in market? Shoe bonuses for the TM in softlines? Sounds like a shady Apple rep if you ask me. Although I would love for that to be the case.....the electronics TM's may actually start caring.

I remember a Electronics TM at one time that wouldn't let guests leave without applying for a Target card. He would bagger them to death. He even got some complaints about it. But was allowed to continue.

Last edited:
Sounds like a shady Apple rep if you ask me.

Yeah I think so too. This was the same guy who got upset with us because we flexed a 15 dollar card from an endcap to an empty spot on the rack on the electronics counter.

Yeah I think so too. This was the same guy who got upset with us because we flexed a 15 dollar card from an endcap to an empty spot on the rack on the electronics counter.

Our Apple rep is a total douche like this too. Thinks his cards that are all practically the same damn thing are the most important piece of merchandise in the store.

I'm not sure if we all have the same Apple rep but it seems like they hire the same type of smegheads all across the country.
When we did the entertainment transition and had to take down the apple card end cap he came unglued.
Not impressed.

As I've stated before, I loathe Apple as a company. They may make a few devices of worth, but nothing is worth all the misinformation they spread, overpricing of product and near cult-like mentality they instill in their employees.

I'd be okay with bonuses. It'd give our TMs a lot of initiative, that's for sure. Hard enough motivating them.

That's interesting you all have a rep, though. I've never seen an Apple rep in my store ever.

Our Apple rep is a total douche like this too. Thinks his cards that are all practically the same damn thing are the most important piece of merchandise in the store.

lol tell me about it. Our rep acts like they are gold, and that each one from a different area are each special.

I'm not sure if we all have the same Apple rep but it seems like they hire the same type of smegheads all across the country.
When we did the entertainment transition and had to take down the apple card end cap he came unglued.
Not impressed.

I highly doubt about having the same one but I agree about them hiring the same type. The dude said he just took over this "territory", which not only includes the three Target stores in the county, but two K-Marts, four Walmarts, and however many Radio Shacks and whatever else place sells apple stuff in the county. Oh and you want to talk about endcaps, he was not too happy that we still had an endcap that used signing/backing from iPad 1, and still had old iPad accessories. Problem is we never received anything NEW, nor do we have a planogram for that endcap. I just politely listened to his grievences and took all he said with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY the comment about attachment bonuses.

This was the first time I had ever delt with our Apple rep, but if he comes back in again griping I will reffer him to either the STL or the ETL-Hardlines. lol

lol tell me about it. Our rep acts like they are gold, and that each one from a different area are each special.

I highly doubt about having the same one but I agree about them hiring the same type. The dude said he just took over this "territory", which not only includes the three Target stores in the county, but two K-Marts, four Walmarts, and however many Radio Shacks and whatever else place sells apple stuff in the county. Oh and you want to talk about endcaps, he was not too happy that we still had an endcap that used signing/backing from iPad 1, and still had old iPad accessories. Problem is we never received anything NEW, nor do we have a planogram for that endcap. I just politely listened to his grievences and took all he said with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY the comment about attachment bonuses.

This was the first time I had ever delt with our Apple rep, but if he comes back in again griping I will reffer him to either the STL or the ETL-Hardlines. lol

That Endcap was suppose to come down a LONG time ago.

I've never heard anything about adding a bonus to your paycheck. We do however give our tm's a $10 giftcard anytime they sell 4 accessories or more with an item.

Anyone been in an Apple store and see like 20+ employees on like a Thursday afternoon? How does the store make payroll to pay all those employees is what I think every time I see this. How many computers and ipads are sold daily to meet their sales goal? I reckon not many but still most of the employees just stand around it's not like anything in there needs zoning. They are helpful though when you do have a question but I would hope so because we are talking high priced merchandise after all.

go ahead, Apple has the highest revenue per square foot of any retail store out there, and it's not even close. I always wondered myself until I saw an article with a chart showing this, and Apple has double the revenue per square foot than that of Tiffany & Co, which is the second highest, and nearly triple of what Coach pulls in.

I remember a Electronics TM at one time that wouldn't let guests leave without applying for a Target card. He would bagger them to death. He even got some complaints about it. But was allowed to continue.

LOL!!!!!!!

Too much room for abuse.

And who would get the money if a team member talked to a guest on the floor and the guest rang out at the front lanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back