Archived ATTN Mytime, Ad Leads, Signing TMs, Pricing TL and Whoever else leads the ad/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop putting the BRTM's on the ad. 5 come in on Sunday, 4/5 of the them usually ends up doing the ad. We don't like it. You don't like us doing it. We never finish before 8am, you know we're slow with those dainty, tedious little pieces of paper. You know we're only on their the ad schedule for 2hrs and as soon as 8 hits we just stop what we're doing and just dump the rest on the Signing lead making her life harder. The autofills build up because there's only one guy pulling.

I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just assemble a dedicated signing team that wants to do it, do it. rather than picking random BRTMs to do it? It'd be different if you gave us check lanes or maybe even chemicals and pets but also cosmetics too? I don't know who to complain but almost no involved likes the situation. It's come to the point that people will call in 2hrs late to avoid doing the ad.

I mean, the BRTM/FLOW guys at my store aren't lazy, it just they rather haul boxes up and down ladder than stare at super tiny dcpi's trying to figure out where signs go. Like really, a sign to tell you something is normal priced as advertised? Really?

/rant

So you're saying that you think with 4 people for 2 hours each, you should only be required to finish checklanes, chemicals and maybe pets at the most.

Yea I'd love it if my leadership's expectations were ~40% of the workload that we currently do also.

Adset is a specialty thing.
It takes a team that has practice and training.
No, it isn't rocket science but like so many things with Spot there are a whole bunch of tiny details that tend to pop up on alternate weeks that you only know about if you've been doing it for a while.
If you don't know about those issues and if you can't handle fiddly little bits of paper than adset can be nightmare.

Last edited:
We have a fairly steady ad team, with a bad apple that slows us down. Today's ad was ~5600 for PFresh and Supers and we had 7 people working. I was off-stage for an hour finishing prep because there were a few stacks of signs not prepped. Even with that, we finished pets, HBA, and chem by around 5:30. If I had prepped the ad personally it would have been done around 5 (I work unset POGs/revisions myself so the rest of the team can speed through the other areas).

Oh, and I think the 7 people was entirely on accident.

So you're saying that you think with 4 people for 2 hours each, you should only be required to finish checklanes, chemicals and maybe pets at the most.

Yea I'd love it if my leadership's expectations were ~40% of the workload that we currently do also.
No. Actually, yes. They way they're rotating BRTMs off and on the add there's no way they're getting the practice they need to actually get good and fast. There's really nothing positive for anyone involved

I did ad set once. ONCE.

When I was overnight a couple years ago during the holidays, I had to help with ad set in seasonal. Every. Fucking. Ribbon. was on sale.

I did ad set once. ONCE.

When I was overnight a couple years ago during the holidays, I had to help with ad set in seasonal. Every. Fucking. Ribbon. was on sale.
this is the thing to. like, every candy will be on sale, or a every hair dye, yet in stead of printing a 7x11, there's a ton of signs for every item in the fucking section

I did ad set once. ONCE.

this is the thing to. like, every candy will be on sale, or a every hair dye, yet in stead of printing a 7x11, there's a ton of signs for every item in the fucking section

Gum, every other week they alternate which gum goes on sale and you can't put up a 7X11 because they cross over.
You have to get each little damned peg.

My gripe is with some signs that have been coming these past few weeks. 2 signs, same item, same end date, both not pictured in the Circular ad, but diff types (like one is TPC and the other is FGC) and different prices. What do you do in that situation?

My gripe is with some signs that have been coming these past few weeks. 2 signs, same item, same end date, both not pictured in the Circular ad, but diff types (like one is TPC and the other is FGC) and different prices. What do you do in that situation?

Check the print date on the signs (upper left in the foldable area). Put up the sign with the latest print date.

Same end date but different prices? Wtf item is this?

I always have different prices for month long tpc and week long sale signs, but rarely two types for the same week with different prices...unless adset team screwed up. Again.

I was hired specifically for Ad set up. At first we had a dedicated team for Ad but then it fell apart when people left or were promoted to other areas that required them to dump early Sundays. I was left to front man the ad team but I always get a rotating group of people that have little or no experience putting ad up. While all of the people I get can communicate well and learn pretty quick our major problem is getting enough people to set up.

I work at a high volume store and they only give me five people to use. One is a softlines guru which I can rely on to get it done somewhat on time by themselves...the others are usually only scheduled once a month. The LOD or TL will only help out when I personally know they have nothing else to do other than answer the door when it rings every hour.

Just this past Sunday I only got four to work with and then the bomb of an audit at the same time. While a couple extended it wasn't put up on time and I was looked at with disappointment as if I did something wrong. I just don't think that 4 people to set up in a high volume store with a 5600+ piece ad is enough, Especially when only two of them can rock it out quick.

I always have different prices for month long tpc and week long sale signs, but rarely two types for the same week with different prices...unless adset team screwed up. Again.

I've been getting them for this month. It's not just one... it's a lot of them at different areas. Sometimes I get same location but different items (like one is a medicine and one is a hand soap) but with that, I just put in the item that I know will be in that aisle.

2dt7qty.jpg

Last edited:

I've been getting them for this month. It's not just one... it's a lot of them at different areas. Sometimes I get same location but different items (like one is a medicine and one is a hand soap) but with that, I just put in the item that I know will be in that aisle.

2dt7qty.jpg
Go with the TPC. The circular signs print weeks in advance (at least with the old style that my store uses). TPC signs usually print the Monday before the ad and arrive Wednesday.

Go with the TPC. The circular signs print weeks in advance (at least with the old style that my store uses). TPC signs usually print the Monday before the ad and arrive Wednesday.

Thanks, JustJoe! I didn't know that. But if the sale sign came with the Ad Correction package, I should choose that one, right? Thanks again!

Ck on a pda or the register for the correct price. Are those post it signs?

I have checked on the PDA when I'm confused. I checked if they're on promo for the coming week and if it is, I check what the promo is. With the pictures above, I have checked and both prices were on the PDA.

Yeah... Those are post it-type of signs

Thanks, JustJoe! I didn't know that. But if the sale sign came with the Ad Correction package, I should choose that one, right? Thanks again!

I have checked on the PDA when I'm confused. I checked if they're on promo for the coming week and if it is, I check what the promo is. With the pictures above, I have checked and both prices were on the PDA.

Use the rf apps price inquiry option, not the item search version.

Wouldn't the price inquiry gives you the current price and not the price for the upcoming week's promo? I need to know the next promo week's price cuz I prepare the signs. In the item search, I check the promo button. That button shows me the current and the future promo info/prices.

If they both have the same end date I'd probably check the price and put the matching one up. It's odd that they would have overlapping one week signs. What a waste of paper.

Both prices are up for the same promo period. Same item, same location, same end date, both not pictured in the upcoming circular ad and both are in the pda BUT different types/promo and/or different prices.

Both prices are up for the same promo period. Same item, same location, same end date, both not pictured in the upcoming circular ad and both are in the pda BUT different types/promo and/or different prices.

This has happened before at my store. If both promotions are showing up in the PDA with the same start/end date then just put up the TPC.

What I do when I prep the ad is I will look for duplicate promotions and hold signs if necessary.

Example:
3 week TPC and 1 week gift card offer with same retail. I will hold the TPC signs and toss in with the following week's signs.
1 week sale and 8 week TPC with same retail. Toss sale and put up TPC.

Or do what some moron did this week. Expired sign, put TPC on top of it. I know who. Now we have to have a huddle to talk about signing best practice because we can't single out this TM.

Or.... do what someone ON MY OWN TEAM did. Price went up on shelf strips, put higher price in a price cut label holder.... multiple times. Kudos for putting up the flags, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back