Archived Auditing Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Guest's perspective......Target is known for their Vendor Collaborations!! Guests are freakishly cult-like when it comes to this !!! There's tons of hype and buzz from excited Guests. Hunter for Target collab is a humongous embarrassment. In stores, and on-line.... this has been a mess. Target can bounce-back from a little bad publicity here n' there..... but our Vendor Collaborations are something that sets us apart from others. It's one of the few things that make Guest's forgive us when we fail them ( it's our version of flowers, candy and apologies ).
This embarrassment will follow Target for a while. And the person(s) responsible for the planning, execution, quality control, and lack of follow-through should be terminated. They took something that Guests love, and ruined it.

Shame.

Gotta say, sprinkles posts are easily 10 times more captivating than ANY novel written in the 21st century

I am SO glad to not be working today. I couldn’t sleep last night and got a text from a friend that the Hunter collab was available online. I bought everything I thought I might want or that my friends/fam might. I won’t resell on eBay or anything, but am excited by the amount of Hunter stuff I got online (which I wouldn’t have been allowed to buy in store, if my store even sold it).
Will be interesting to see what happens with Hunter in-store returns. Like since it’s an “online-only” item in my store, will it get the discount and “as-is”/“online” item label?

Dude. . .seriously. . .our etl ge un defected a bunch of boots (that were clearly defected for a damned reason) just so they could buy some. . .i cant even with that asshat right now

27459523_160915561222874_5368335987541410555_n.jpg

Some stores apparently didn't get the tall boots memo in time and didn't audit well. Saw a couple people on Twitter who bought tall boots or had them taken away at checkout. One woman bought the boots, got home and then realized they were crooked. Target done goofed

Most people don’t realize the crooked tops are intentional! Granted there are plenty of other issues with them but the tops are supposed to be like that.

Attachments

• DE617819-6EA4-40A3-978F-AE9A3B5A49CD.png
    DE617819-6EA4-40A3-978F-AE9A3B5A49CD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Lol. Nope. There's an intentional slant to differentiate between hunterxtarget and Hunter. But the intentional slant is supposed to be symmetrical. The boots should be a mirror image of each other. They are not.

Someone's head needs to roll. Hunter was in pretty high demand, while also being pretty expensive for what it is. Should've been a gold mike and instead it's an embarrassment

I'm not sure if it counts as a bait and switch if the person claiming it never had the chance to pay for the product to begin with.

For the people who were duped into thinking it was going to be Hunter quality, maybe.

I'm not sure if it counts as a bait and switch if the person claiming it never had the chance to pay for the product to begin with.

For the people who were duped into thinking it was going to be Hunter quality, maybe.

I would be pissed as all get out if I picked stuff off a shelf that was displayed for sale and you snatched it from saying "nope can't buy it" you should have never put the boots out on the shelf - period.

And with Hunter its all about the boots, everything else is just bullshit really. UK brand? Yeah its about the wellie boots.

I would be pissed as all get out if I picked stuff off a shelf that was displayed for sale and you snatched it from saying "nope can't buy it" you should have never put the boots out on the shelf - period.

And with Hunter its all about the boots, everything else is just bullshit really. UK brand? Yeah its about the wellie boots.
Sure, I'd be pissed too! I wanted Hunter products until I saw the quality. I'm not saying it's not worth being mad over. But the phrase "bait and switch" is defined a little more specifically than what it is being used for.

A bait and switch is when a retailer advertises a sale item that they will not have in stock, in order to get customers in the door. Hopefully (in the retailer's eyes"), once they're there, they'll buy the higher priced item rather than go somewhere else. And it is illegal, even though it happens everywhere. Because it can be very hard to prove that a retailer knowingly advertised an item that they knew would not be in stock with the explicit purpose of getting people in the door. Especially when most retailers' ads I've seen include small print somewhere that not all items may be available in all locations or that quantities may be limited. And yes, the Target website has that language as well.

Dude. . .seriously. . .our etl ge un defected a bunch of boots (that were clearly defected for a damned reason) just so they could buy some. . .i cant even with that asshat right now

Pretty sure thats a termable offense. Just sayin...

A bait and switch is when a retailer advertises a sale item that they will not have in stock, in order to get customers in the door. Hopefully (in the retailer's eyes"), once they're there, they'll buy the higher priced item rather than go somewhere else. And it is illegal, even though it happens everywhere. Because it can be very hard to prove that a retailer knowingly advertised an item that they knew would not be in stock with the explicit purpose of getting people in the door. Especially when most retailers' ads I've seen include small print somewhere that not all items may be available in all locations or that quantities may be limited. And yes, the Target website has that language as well.
If that is true then I was wrong. I was taught that a bait and switch was advertising one product and substituting another of poorer quality. Which is still sort of what happened here for guests too to be fair.

I'm reasonably sure there's a specific term for this as well, but I don't know it and my Google-fu is failing me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back