Archived Autofill & Schedule Cafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I've just started working at Target as a Backroom TM, I kind of know where to pull items now but still confused about how to arrange them together, like softlines & hardlines, groceries, chem, pet food, etc...Is there a manual for this or if someone would be kind enough to post a list of what goes with what in a same tub, box or different tub and box, thank you!

Depends on the arrangement of your store's sales floor. At mine, I group the pulls as follows:

GRC 1/2/3, BEV 1/2, SNCK, CNDY
HCDY, SEA 1/2/3
HBA 1/2, PHAR, COSM
PETS 1/2
CHEM, PAPR
HOME, PLUG
PLAS, BPLS
DOM, BATH, BEDS
TOYS 1/2/3
BIKE, SPRT
STAT, OFCE
BBO 1/2, DIPR
All other softlines

Most other fill groups get their own vehicle.

edit: I should note that this applies for dayside CAFs. Overnight autofills tend to be large enough for most batches to rate their own vehicle of appropriate size.

Last edited:
Be careful of cross-contamination in food, including pet food. Don't put chemicals with food and don't put chicken on top of beef, etc. Walk your sales floor and associate fill groups with the aisles. My team sorted by how the wave was being pushed. They knew the sales floor well enough that the tubs were very simple to push - and we did the courtesy of returning back stock by fill group. If you are dayside BR then it could still be helpful to become familiar with the sales floor so you know approximately where the fill groups are stocked.

If you are dayside BR then it could still be helpful to become familiar with the sales floor so you know approximately where the fill groups are stocked.

Or because Viper, and dayside BR will likely cease to exist soon.

Ok, when I do AutoFill or Schedule CAFs, I pull:

- GRC 1/2/3, BEV 1/2, SNCK, CNDY, HCANDY

- SEA 1/2/3

- HBA 1/2, PHAR, COSM, BBO 1/2, DIPR (same tub, yes/no?)

- PETS 1/2, CHEM, PAPR (some TMs told me that I could group PETS together with CHEM & PAPR, just don't put in the same box)

- HOME, PLUG, PLAS, BPLS, DOM, BATH, BEDS, TOYS 1/2/3, BIKE, SPRT, STAT, OFCE (can I group them together in the same tub, too?)

- All the softlines in same tub

A lot of it depends on your volume store as well as how many people are on the floor. Example, if you have 1 TM doing hardline CAFS, 1 softlines TM doing CAFS, and 1 consumables person doing cafs....you'll probably end up with 1 tub for each workcenter then 1 flatbed for the larger stuff. Whenever I get stuck pulling, I just arrange the product on the tub so that you can "snake" through the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back