Archived availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked here 9 months. Why do they ignore my availability? New team members a r e scheduled within their req hours.

Many many times. I quit a couple of months ago, but agreed to stay if they would stop scheduling me all cloding shifts. My husband and I have one car. Not only do thry still schedule me all nights, the new oeople they have hired are scheduled days. Too bad, i really like working here, but thats it .

My assumption would be that they know exactly what they are doing. As long as you show up, they'll still schedule you.

If you want to stay, write out your availability, hand it to the etl hr. Change it I the system again too.

Then if they schedule you outside it, don't show up.

The first time you don't show up will negatively reinforce it on them.

Thank you all . TBR is the best thing about working at Target, and I have met some wonderful team members.
I have discussed this with them least 4 times , and i chavr tried to update my availability on ehr. There is always a differdnt reason and a promise to do what they can. Today is the first time i sctually said no when asked to cover a shift. I dont think I am going to stay.

Cause you let them.
This. You need to change your availability in the system, ensure somebody accepts it, and remind anyone who is responsible for scheduling you about the change. That will get nights taken off the table as far as scheduling.

However, it may get most days and any full 8hr shifts taken off the table as well. Spot likes to play hardball with availability. They pretty much want anyone not on a speciality team that works only certain hours to have completely open availability. Especially nights and weekends. They can always find someone to work "mom's hours." At my store if you want to cut your availability down from where they've been scheduling you, you will take a cut in hours. Usually its the same number of days, but half shifts and the least fun spot available. Or whichever they know you hate personally.

So talk to your TL and HR about why you need to come off nights. Hopefully they are understanding. I've done it. Hubby and I shared a car for almost a year. I worked 4pm to close, he worked 4pm to 1am. I dropped him off, hauled ass to spot, got out and wandered walmart or sat in the car in his parking lot and read til he got out. Five nights a week. Our HR understood this as she was older than I and married as well. Our current HR might not care about such things, cause she's single and young. She probably couldn't figure out why we shared a car and didn't "just buy a second".

If you submit an availability change on eHr and they don't accept it then they have no intentions on honoring your availability. If it gets approved then you're good. Otherwise it may never happen. Good luck

if you have an availability change its your responsibility to ensure it was accepted and not denied. Do not be surprised if your ETL denies it.

We have a tm that went to hr to have them change their availability and telling them his Etl agreed to it.Our Etl did not. Tm is no longer with Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back