Archived Average Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sisyphus

Cat Herder
Does anyone know if vacation etc. hrs are calculated into average hours or is it just your scheduled hours?

Vacation hours definitely count towards your average hours. I did the math with and without it years ago and it has to count. Plus I never work OT so my average hours that I actually work per week is definitely under 40, but it always says 40.

My state doesn't get sick hours so I'm not sure about that, and personal holiday is such a small amount so I'm not sure about that one either. But regular vacation has to count.

It does count. I had a TM who dropped from 40 to minutes away from a 40 hour weekly average and I would just override her timecard to keep her at the 40 hour mark. I had her blessing to manually adjust this each week. After about 6ish weeks of adding 4-15 minutes a week she was back to a 40 hour average 😄 Timecards just care about how much time you’re getting paid for, not how you’re earning them, sopersonal holiday will build your average up too.

Wait only 1 week of vacation per year? Is that accurate? That seems incredibly lower than any place I’ve ever worked.

it honestly feels like it takes forever to accrue the hours anyways. I encourage TMs to use it like a savings account - bank enough for a catastrophe but don’t forget to treat yo self when you have that security. Some TMs are sweating on having accrued over 100 hours of vacation (plus their personal holiday and well being and sick pay) and now that they want to look for a different job they’re going to lose out on so much PTO that they earned and could’ve enjoyed.

I like to keep about 40-50 hours banked for when my kids get sick or actual vacation time. Counting down to Sept when I start accruing 3 weeks worth/year! Definitely going to take advantage of that this time next year so when hours tank again my average will stay up (assuming I keep it up enough this year to not lose my benefits).

I used to have time banked to take a vacation in the summer. This year, I wiped it all out trying to cover for the reduction in hours. So no summer vacation for me. Maybe a day or two off here or there.

Does anyone know how long it takes for vacation to start accruing once your average hits 20 (for non-new TMs)? My average hours were down for a couple years and are now back up to just above 20. Will they start accruing again immediately or is there a time period I have to wait?

Does anyone know how long it takes for vacation to start accruing once your average hits 20 (for non-new TMs)? My average hours were down for a couple years and are now back up to just above 20. Will they start accruing again immediately or is there a time period I have to wait?
You will get vacation hours. Look at your check or workday.

I like to keep about 40-50 hours banked for when my kids get sick or actual vacation time. Counting down to Sept when I start accruing 3 weeks worth/year! Definitely going to take advantage of that this time next year so when hours tank again my average will stay up (assuming I keep it up enough this year to not lose my benefits).
Don't forget that you are only allowed to claim vacation pay up to your average hours. If you work 25 average hours per week, you can only put in for 25 hours of vacation pay regardless of how many hours you have banked. I don't know how that works if you quit, though.

Don't forget that you are only allowed to claim vacation pay up to your average hours. If you work 25 average hours per week, you can only put in for 25 hours of vacation pay regardless of how many hours you have banked. I don't know how that works if you quit, though.

Yup, well aware. My average is almost 38. My plan is to request vacation pay up to my average on weeks I don't get a full 40 going forward so my average doesn't go down more.

Finally got an answer from TMSC on this. In case anyone faces a similar situation in the future, just know that your average hours must be at least 19.5 during the open enrollment period in January.

My average was below that threshold at the time, so even though they've since increased, my vacation hours will not begin to accrue again until January 2020 (assuming my average is still above 19.5 during that time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back