Archived Awkward Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I extremely rarely do Carts, for the first time in about two months I was scheduled to do them..no problem it's not my favorite thing to do but whatever. Everything is going awesome until about halfway through my shift I go to do a carry out for an older lady standard stuff we get everything into the car and she starts talking to me about how thankful she is, she pulls out a 10 dollar bill and I quickly just tell her 'no, thank you I really appreciate it but no' she continues to insist I tell her that I really cannot accept it and she finally just agrees and says 'alright' puts the 10 on the pavement and closes her door. Obviously I picked it up and took it, kind of feeling anxious for no real reason I'm sure but wondering if this is worth reporting to someone? I know we aren't supposed to accept tips but yeah.

Happens in Sbux all the time. You can't accept tips. I would let someone know and turn it in. It will likely go to the 549 account. I tell guests that we can't accept tips, and if they leave it, it will just go in the register and Target Corp will get it. That usually ends any awkwardness., but in as nice a way as possible.

Old people are weird, once told a guest where the dish soap was, she told me about how she fell down the stairs at home and just got out of the hospital. She had pictures in her purse ready to whip out.

Old people are weird, once told a guest where the dish soap was, she told me about how she fell down the stairs at home and just got out of the hospital. She had pictures in her purse ready to whip out.
sounds like she was happy to have someone to talk to :S I do agree though. Some of the older guests are the most interesting.

Once a guest followed me into a stockroom threw 5 dollars at and ran out. I told ap but they said just keep it and nothing ever happened. At my other job when I would help them out to the car they would hug me and slip a 5 in my back pocket.

Should have reported it to the GSTL ASAP.
My store doesn't actually have a GSTL at this point as our old one left maybe a couple weeks ago and they are in the process of appointing a new one, I did talk to the GSA today and she just told me don't worry about it so I'm not.

Had a guest shove a 20 into my hand for returning his iPad and cell phone to guest services right in front of the STL who kind of just looked away and walked off

Keep it , I once had an elderly guest offer me $50 which I refused , he had bought patio furniture , a grill and a lot of other stuff and saved a lot by applying for the red card but I have never heard of anyone getting called in for taking a tip , rules or not , and I have been around a long time , I wouldn't be obvious about it though.

If you done the right thing and refused the tip... but the guest insists on giving it to you like in your case, I would just take it and give it to your GSTL or the LOD. My team gets into these situations all the time and we just put the money into the 549 account.

This thing comes up frequently here. Never accept the tip, many people have been termed for accepting a tip. Just politely turn it down. If it's a situation where they force it into your hand an leave, then turn it in the GSTL/LOD.

I had a reseller tip me a $5 as I was ringing him up. He wouldn't take no for an answer. Like come on dude?!

This thing comes up frequently here. Never accept the tip, many people have been termed for accepting a tip. Just politely turn it down. If it's a situation where they force it into your hand an leave, then turn it in the GSTL/LOD.
No one has been termed for accepting tips.

If they have, you've got bigger problems at that target lmao

No one has been termed for accepting tips.

If they have, you've got bigger problems at that target lmao

We've had two Cart Attendants who have gotten termed for accepting tips. In both cases, they were given a warning and a CA after the first instance, and were termed after the second. Our Leadership takes it very seriously, as in the past we had a guest claim it was theft and got the police involved.

We've had two Cart Attendants who have gotten termed for accepting tips. In both cases, they were given a warning and a CA after the first instance, and were termed after the second. Our Leadership takes it very seriously, as in the past we had a guest claim it was theft and got the police involved.

Does your AP team stalk each team member or something? How they find out?

Does your AP team stalk each team member or something? How they find out?

Willing to bet they talked about it the first time to the wrong person which put them on AP's radar.
Or they were overheard talking about it.

Not 100% positive, but I do think that we have parking lot cameras. If not, then I suppose it could have just been them telling the wrong people about it as Commie mentioned.

So, I extremely rarely do Carts, for the first time in about two months I was scheduled to do them..no problem it's not my favorite thing to do but whatever. Everything is going awesome until about halfway through my shift I go to do a carry out for an older lady standard stuff we get everything into the car and she starts talking to me about how thankful she is, she pulls out a 10 dollar bill and I quickly just tell her 'no, thank you I really appreciate it but no' she continues to insist I tell her that I really cannot accept it and she finally just agrees and says 'alright' puts the 10 on the pavement and closes her door. Obviously I picked it up and took it, kind of feeling anxious for no real reason I'm sure but wondering if this is worth reporting to someone? I know we aren't supposed to accept tips but yeah.
AP chiming in. If someone tips you in the parking lot just take it. Seriously. Fuck a company trying to tell you NO,THAT CITIZEN CANNOT PAY YOU MONEY THAT ISN'T OURS.edit: don't be a dumbass and tell people you got tipped.

I don't think my AP would give a shit if someone accepted a tip, unless the guest claimed it was stolen, obviously.
If someone tips you in the parking lot just take it. Seriously. Fuck a company trying to tell you NO,THAT CITIZEN CANNOT PAY YOU MONEY THAT ISN'T OURS.edit: don't be a dumbass and tell people you got tipped.
What he said^^

@Amaazingdude could probably answer that.
I wouldn't do it personally. Getting a tip is just HR policy. You most likely wouldnT get fired not unless your leadership team has it out for you. AP has to watch every single team memeber in the store weekly. Most of are day is following team members on camera. Team members still steal and wonder why they get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back