Archived Baby/infant hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they made the infant section mine. All baby except clothing. Any advice here?
Am I suppose to fifo anything edible?
At what point do I pull food about to expire? 30 days before? On the day of expiration?
Thanks guys!

Definitely FIFO any food. I pull anything expiring within the next week. As you get more familiar with your area, you will get a better feel for what sells quickly and can adjust if you can wait longer to pull it. Or if it's on sale that week you could probably wait until the expiration date.

Soooo...4 hours is not enough time to do all I need to do. My ETL wants me to prioritize pulls and pushing those. My flow TL wants me to prioritize pushing truck. No matter what I do something isn’t going to get done in 4 measly hours. Then there’s backstock, repacks, zoning, guests and jumping in on flexes when they are behind. And I don’t even consider taking my 15. 😳
Advice?

Similar situation at my home.
They usually have a couple of Inbound TMs pushing IH, but they stated the TM’s main role was to maintain the area (filling, zoning and setting SPLs).

Best thing I could say is see if you could leverage TMs to support with filling/workload. My house still has Backroom backstocking IH, but not sure about others.

I could do it in 4 hours if there aren't too many pulls, truck is small (only 3 vehicles),and depending on guests- big ifs that hardly ever happen together. The day when there were 8 vehicles I didn't do my own pulls or finish all the vehicles/backstock from the truck in those 6 hours. When I get to work if there isn't a flat/U-boat yet from the truck I usually start pulls. Remembering which brand/size of diapers & wipes and car seats are backstock and not taking it to the floor could save a little time. Quickly opening the food trays & locating the slot saves a little time too.

Soooo...4 hours is not enough time to do all I need to do. My ETL wants me to prioritize pulls and pushing those. My flow TL wants me to prioritize pushing truck. No matter what I do something isn’t going to get done in 4 measly hours. Then there’s backstock, repacks, zoning, guests and jumping in on flexes when they are behind. And I don’t even consider taking my 15. 😳
Advice?
We are not miracle workers. Do what you can, and don't apologize for unrealistic expectations of your ELT, or TL. I used to worry about not getting tasks done, but when the workload is overwhelming, I realized that not getting the work done, is not my fault.

And always take your "15"; you deserve it - you earned it - you are entitled to it.

When the TL brings up how long it's taking me with freight I usually give examples of the guests I've helped and when I've gone up for back up, then the conversation moves on.

I work that area now but have done it long enough that I'm fairly efficient at it (as in, know where everything goes and never need to scan anything that isn't transition). We're expected to zone, push autos, push truck, push repacks, backstock and help guests in 4.5 hours and I can usually finish it, but if they're throwing in things like pulling flexes for you then I don't see how they can maintain the same expectation. 🤔

Make sure they're sorting your vehicles in a smart way. I always start with diapers/wipes since they go straight to the shelf, and most days just try to keep up with that until the unload is finished when I then push furniture, and then my baby food boat(s) last. I have them separate food and formula so I can push them without having to move the vehicle around. Repacks are very last, once softlines breakout is finished.

I mostly just hope they give you time to really learn the area before punishing you for not being the most efficient at it right now. Speed comes from learning, learning takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back