I'm Lost! back room errors

Well, using AIS (all items scanned button) exposes an error (hurting metrics/BRLA), exit, audit, rescan masks one.

If you're careful with your pulls and backstocking then there will be nothing to be embarrassed about.
I’m really frustrated trying to understand how the on floor/ in backroom/ on hands is generated. I need to know the “why” behind my actions. My ETL seems more concerned about staying in the green and has shown me ways to “game the system”, plus really doesn’t have time/desire to show me. I want accuracy. I guess it’s my OCD, plus I hate creating more work for myself.
Is there a manual floating around on the inter webs somewhere to find out the correct way to use the device?

I wanted true accuracy also, but the ETLs wanted green metrics over accuracy, accountability, or anything else. In fact, the ETLs not only wanted the team to cheat, they trained them how to do it, and Heaven help anyone who used m-m delete back when we used pdas. It was all about covering the ETL’s backside, not what was best for the store. Even with Modernization, that’s one thing that never seems to change.🙄

Which is the whole problem....so many stores "cheating" or playing the metric game that it gives the powers that be a false sense of modernization's success. Faking brla, tie & lie and activating pricing without hard ticketing. It's in my opinion unethical but is the given direction from pay ranks well above mine.....

I would think it would effect next year's payroll...target sees us using less hours to accomplish soooo much so why budget more? But i am not an expert on how target determines its payroll budget...

Yep, if you can get the job done in four hours this year, (or leadership can make it look like you can) Spot will expect you to get it done in two hours next year, and on and on until the inevitable collapse occurs. Smoke and mirrors may dazzle for awhile as a short term strategy, but they don’t last forever.

Do all Target stores post each person's number of back stocking errors at the ends of the back stock aisles? Does any one else find this embarrassing?
not embarrassing if you know you didn't create the errors...I count everything and open every box and do everything 100% by the book so when my ETL says I have errors in my backroom aisle I smile and say...wasnt me boss...check when the errors were created and I bet I wasnt even working those hours lmao..also deleted all the weird locations that dont exist in my aisle and reprinted every waco and case stock label so they scanned properly...if there is an issue in my aisle its 100% not me but it took me a couple months now of convincing after I audited/locu'd my aisle to make them realize it.

Exactly, I agree, just doing what I'm told. I also am on the fence about not just scanning boxes indiscriminately so as to not create a baffle. I almost think at least that item, possibly more than 1 of something is now at least located, whereas if you don't scan anything til you're sure what you're scanning is the item you need, that item could remain unlocated indefinitely. Creating a baffle in this sense, would be a "good" thing, no? But anyways, yeah, I think exposing the error with AIS would be a good thing, but we have been told not to do that anymore.
been AISing everything that isn't there since November since my last ETL left (dickhead ass piece of shit) (been here long enough to know if the item is actually there) and my new ETL has said nothing. I stay way more productive and save time by not auditing. Its almost always when im doing some stupid auto pull shift and its in someone elses aisle than mine, though. I'm sure I'll get talked to about it at some point but AIS is the way to go. It shouldn't be an option if it wasn't a viable solution. Real talk.

This is inefficient at best and unethical at worst. You're purposely circumventing the functionality built into the system to make your brla look better than it actually is.

The entire point of the baffle/ghost functionality in the SLS was to provide rolling updates as you go, by nature of it's design the system is fixing many errors for you. I disagree with how those errors are attributed but not with the way it functions. Circumventing that functionality gives you a false picture of your overall brla. If this is your standard procedure then of course your BRLA looks great on paper.

If I'm supposed to cook someone a meal, and instead I go purchase them a nice meal and pass it off as my own I may have accomplished the goal. Doesn't make me a chef, it makes me a liar.
god damn right

Back