Back to mandatory flex downs

Ugh back to mandatory flex downs for all warehouse associates. I had hope we would have at least a month or 2 of normal work hours but were just told today that they are flexing us down. The rest of the warehouse gets overtime to so it looks like it won't be normal for awhile with us. They are going to train some of us in other departments to be fill ins when they need help so I am going to try for that. How's your warehouse with hours? Back to normal or not?

Ugh back to mandatory flex downs for all warehouse associates. I had hope we would have at least a month or 2 of normal work hours but were just told today that they are flexing us down. The rest of the warehouse gets overtime to so it looks like it won't be normal for awhile with us. They are going to train some of us in other departments to be fill ins when they need help so I am going to try for that. How's your warehouse with hours? Back to normal or not?

Sounds more like your shift is overstaffed, there's a pretty significant backlog to pick for rebin and legacy still. More than a day behind.

That's what I thought too. I am on A1 but would switch to a different shift if it meant solid hours. The only thing that I don't get is if our shift was way overstaffed why not offer people different shifts instead of the cross training in other departments

That's what I thought too. I am on A1 but would switch to a different shift if it meant solid hours. The only thing that I don't get is if our shift was way overstaffed why not offer people different shifts instead of the cross training in other departments

You can set shift preference if you put in a job change and (I imagine, haven't ever done it) HR will probably move you to a different shift if there is a need or you have a good reason for it. I know packers had straight staffing called for the last few weeks on B keys.

Because most people won’t switch to 2nd or 3rd shift.

Reading between the lines it appears to me like Spot is planning on only hiring associates from now on and sticking them in every possible function to save money.

Or hiring seasonal only, and then offer the ones that are performing after 90 days. That would make the most sense. Some of the Covid hires we are stuck with arent huge contributors, only doing just enough to scrape by.

Reading between the lines it appears to me like Spot is planning on only hiring associates from now on and sticking them in every possible function to save money.

hmm not seen that here. ours only feed besides pack. since they cant train on equipment what can they do?

i would say many of our packers would have no shot to survive in other areas of the building such as ob or inbound art. are they actually doing this in other buildings?

Last edited:
hmm not seen that here. ours only feed besides pack. since they cant train on equipment what can they do?

i would say many of our packers would have no shot to survive in other areas of the building such as ob or inbound art. are they actually doing this in other buildings?

Yeah it sounds weird, I work in the same DC as OP and packers are definitely not being flexed on our key. We actually have several people flexed to packing in legacy and rebin every day despite them having so many people because BTS caused us to fall behind. My only guess is that the A keys have significantly more staff than B keys.

Doors, ART, Depal, etc. Again it was not explicitly stated but the wording heavily hints that they intend to make using all equipment essentially a specialty function. Not exactly bug you get what i am saying.

Maybe it is only my building, but if it is succesful (in saving payroll) other DCs will follow suit.

Doors, ART, Depal, etc. Again it was not explicitly stated but the wording heavily hints that they intend to make using all equipment essentially a specialty function. Not exactly bug you get what i am saying.

Maybe it is only my building, but if it is succesful (in saving payroll) other DCs will follow suit.

That sounds more like a scheme to get people to quit than to actually save money

Back