mandatory flex down

At our building meeting yesterday for A1 they said we were 150 people overstaffed but they aren't going to use mandatory flex down or lay people off. They did encourage us to put in for time off through the mytime app and even consider taking a personal leave.

Warehouse was for about a month. Are packing solutions we’re for about 2-3 months and are inbound team still is currently.

We aren’t laying off is code for we are really going to start looking closely at performance. So if you have issues with prod, quality, attendance, or are a pain in the ass overall, watch yourself. Now is the time to be on your best behavior.

Been for about a month here. About 8 people written up in the dept in a day the other day. It's getting really out of control. Soon enough if not already the dept will be shortstaffed as people seem to be taking the hints and increasingly finding medical excuses or whatever they need to not show up, or just quitting under the constant browbeating. It's a very toxic atmosphere right now especially for people under a year. And supposedly the building will not be hiring anytime soon, so this might get interesting.

Its not toxic, its following the rules. What was toxic was anyone under 1 year slacking and the experienced TMs having to pull the dead weight.
We’re currently dealing with this. Attendance and reliability is where everyone is getting hit right now for us. The people moaning and complaining don’t go a single week without a call off or leaving early. I’m so glad they’re finally being held accountable. I’m incredibly tired of having to finish peoples jobs because they felt like they could just leave whenever they felt like it

Its not toxic, its following the rules. What was toxic was anyone under 1 year slacking and the experienced TMs having to pull the dead weight.
The ones that actually will pull the weight, I notice many experienced TM are also experienced in not doing much at all. If everyone does their part we should all have a decent quality of life at work.

Been for about a month here. About 8 people written up in the dept in a day the other day. It's getting really out of control. Soon enough if not already the dept will be shortstaffed as people seem to be taking the hints and increasingly finding medical excuses or whatever they need to not show up, or just quitting under the constant browbeating. It's a very toxic atmosphere right now especially for people under a year. And supposedly the building will not be hiring anytime soon, so this might get interesting.
This is hilarious.

I LOVE IT.

Looks like all the Pandemic hires are finally getting a reality check. Everyones about to see the REAL target, not the covid era let everyone get away with murder out of desperation target.

Calling in sick and going home early constantly, working at 20 to 50% and hiding in the bathroom all night vaping are getting people written up. You have no idea how target really is.
You used to get written up for calling in sick 3 days within a YEAR, most call in more than that in a month.
Ive seen dozens of people get written up and fired for being at 95%.

They don't need you anymore, and they will be going after all the useless Fu**s that can't do the job. They want you to just quit, its less paper work.

Then they will hire your replacements and if they dont work out before busy season then the rest of us will have to pay the price with double OT.

So either go to work everyday and do your job or expect to have your OM up your ass until you quit or get walked.

I remember when I started they almost didn't keep me because my average was only half a percent below a 100.

As an OM my peers wondered why I was so strict with how I managed my team, especially under 90 hires. My explanation was if they can't or won't perform now, they're not going to magically change out of probation.

Now that Target doesn't have the free money to throw around and are going to be focused on budget instead of throughput and are tightening our belts a lot of people are in for a rude awakening.

I remember when I started they almost didn't keep me because my average was only half a percent below a 100.

As an OM my peers wondered why I was so strict with how I managed my team, especially under 90 hires. My explanation was if they can't or won't perform now, they're not going to magically change out of probation.

Now that Target doesn't have the free money to throw around and are going to be focused on budget instead of throughput and are tightening our belts a lot of people are in for a rude awakening.
Seriously thank you. You’ve done them a favor. The amount of people who are getting blind sided right now because they were never taught real expectations is just sad.

I started in the same mindset of you ramped up and ran prod or you weren’t going to last long. It was stressful. But now? I run prod in my sleep and it’s been 5+ years since an OM has spoken to me regarding prod

Back