Archived Backroom equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmotion

Presentation TM
So how does being wave/stacker/electric jack certified work? Do they simply show you how to operate the equipment and you sign some paperwork?

Do I need to provide my license and a 36 month DMV report lol? :eek:

I'm tired of pulling another TM away from their tasks for a walk across the BR to get the wave and a slow ride back to bulk steel when they could have just thrown me the keys. o_O

Also how come some TMs have they're own keys? Seem like everyone has their own baler key but me.

Personal equipment keys are an old-school thing and aren't really supposed to happen anymore, but some leaders don't care.

You can certified for power equipment by the br tl or trainer. There are training programs on workbench.

Almost all keys in the store have a bailer key attacthed.

As for training, I didn't get any. I just had to go with the flow and figure things out. Then our TL had us sign off as being cert. If you're not a BR or Flow TM, Don't expect to get certified

When I started, 2-3 back room TMs rounded up me and the other trainees and basically had us move the crown/pallet stacker back and forth, lift a stack of pallets, put it back down. Then they showed us how the wave worked and said to just take it around the back room for a few minutes until we felt comfortable. The whole thing took 10-15 minutes. There is a checklist we're supposed to get signed by the trainer, but nobody followed up on that for months after I was using the equipment.

As for the keys, I bought a Crown key online for $5. I got tired of tracking down the one set of keys for the backroom, which was usually in someone's pocket in the break room. And that person usually turned their walkie off. Enough back room veterans/ETLs have personal keys, so nobody thinks anything of it.

I believe you'll have to get a permit. 6 months later you'll take a written and driving test. You'll also have to show verification that you went to a driving school before getting your WAVE license. Usually those are run by ex-TMs at a Target equipment driving school.

I believe you'll have to get a permit. 6 months later you'll take a written and driving test. You'll also have to show verification that you went to a driving school before getting your WAVE license. Usually those are run by ex-TMs at a Target equipment driving school.

Nope you get put on a wave and get told how it works. Leave it turtle mode until you get the hang of it. A piece of paper gets signed and you are certified. How it works out west.

Actually for my TMs, we would take the time to show them how to use it. Once the TM was cruising we signed them off for training. Doesn't take long if the TL or ETL is willing to show you. Seasoned TMs know a lot about the equipment

We use the crown/pallet stacker so infrequently during CAFs that it usually takes a while for us to show trainees how to use it. The WAVE is a must, so usually we have them using it in their first few weeks. Once trainees start getting closing shifts where they'll need to know how to set the truck line, it's time to speed things along in how to use the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back