Archived Backroom Location Label

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do that.
myWork won't know about it.

myWork2.0 has the app on the left-side menu for backroom location management.
If you want to print to a hip printer scan it first before doing anything.
If you want to print a single location, all you need to do is type in the location name in the search glass.
Otherwise you follow the prompts to create/reprint a batch by giving it ranges.

I'm cheating on mywork then

Don't do that.

If you want to print a single location, all you need to do is type in the location name in the search glass.
I think for single locations it’s fine because you’re not creating it, you’re just reprinting it. BRLM on the PDA has been discontinued so you can’t mess it up that way anymore anyway.

Don't do that.

You’re saying not to do that for creating new locations, right? We can reprint damaged/faded/missing backroom labels through store applications without it being problematic, can’t we?

You’re saying not to do that for creating new locations, right? We can reprint damaged/faded/missing backroom labels through store applications without it being problematic, can’t we?

In theory yes because at that point it's just a barcode printer. But BRLM mostly doesn't communicate with the rest of the system anymore, so best not to use it.

All locations were migrated to myWork 2.
Reprinting via Store Apps is fine but is not recommended as there are extra things in the label that have the potential to cause issues.
But if it’s just reprinting wouldn’t it be reprinting the same “extra things” that were already migrated?

The check digits were removed and are no longer a thing in new world.
myWork (currently) will filter out those check digits.
The idea is that if stores need to reprint labels, you use myWork to print labels that don't have the check digits.
I definitely use my work I just think it’s weird that store apps BRLM is still functioning if it has the possibly to cause errors. Why wouldn’t they just turn it off if MyWork is 100% up and running for backroom location stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back