Backroom profiling

Planosss

User friendly.
Hi team,
Can anyone explain backroom profiling and how it relates to 1:1?
Specifically,
When pulling 1:1’s should myDay be asking you to pull eaches out of upper/lower case packs, or ,if profiled correctly, it should have you pull the whole casepack, even if ofo need is less than the casepack?

Open stock , lower case ,uppercase . However now most Backroom are open stock since you supposed to be leaderless . So best practice use to be that when you pulled casepack it was the full casepack , new practice is if it ask to pull 1 from casepack you pull one and leave the rest. My store is all Waco’s with little to no casepack therefore I don’t have many open casepack.

Last edited:
That tends to leave a lot of partially opened upper/lower casepacks, and makes BR look not brand.
Lets say, “it” wants 2 eaches out of a casepack of 12 , can you tell “it” that you are pulling 12. That way you can backstock the extra 10 in waco, and take the 2 “it” needs to floor?
Does this affect BRLA in anyway ?

I changed my BR locations to be "open stock" locations and not "case pack" locations -- no matter which shelf it is in my backroom. So, it will request a pull by the EACH and not the CASE.

Majority of my stock room is case less. I do keep specific items in a case (like transition.) Once the transition is completed, I then remove everything left over from the cases.
Anything that has a excessive amount of OHs - also stays in a case. I just open up a few, but not all of the cases.

Lets say, “it” wants 2 eaches out of a casepack of 12 , can you tell “it” that you are pulling 12. That way you can backstock the extra 10 in waco, and take the 2 “it” needs to floor?
Yes you can pull 12 and backstock 10 in a Waco . This was actually best practice before Myday .

I changed my BR locations to be "open stock" locations and not "case pack" locations -- no matter which shelf it is in my backroom. So, it will request a pull by the EACH and not the CASE.

Majority of my stock room is case less. I do keep specific items in a case (like transition.) Once the transition is completed, I then remove everything left over from the cases.
Anything that has a excessive amount of OHs - also stays in a case. I just open up a few, but not all of the cases.
I need to do this. Can you tell me how ? Can’t find anyone who knows.
We are fully ladderless with NO case stock allowed.
‘there are a few locations that we use that are profiled as case stock so even if we only need 1 - the 1:1 pull asks for 12 ! Which of course makes extra work to pull and then backstock the 11 that were already loose eaches.

I need to do this. Can you tell me how ? Can’t find anyone who knows.
We are fully ladderless with NO case stock allowed.
‘there are a few locations that we use that are profiled as case stock so even if we only need 1 - the 1:1 pull asks for 12 ! Which of course makes extra work to pull and then backstock the 11 that were already loose eaches.
Its in mywork, under backroom management

What red locations? We fix the errors before creating it . In my store of you have more than 5 errors it’s a pdd 3rd one is a cca
Well, your sort, line, steel, light duty, offsite backroom, zone and receiving is perfect.
I was asking regular stores like mine, the struggling ones....

Well, your sort, line, steel, light duty, offsite backroom, zone and receiving is perfect.
I was asking regular stores like mine, the struggling ones....
You could do it that way fixing it before actually creating it . That’s one way . Or you can do your Backroom audit before your 141. Or print the report weekly and fix it on Friday to give 24h to update by Saturday .

Back