bad management

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a target store in york pa and need help. I am threatened when I.am mistreated and told by my ap etl to.shut or I am going to fire you so like the abuse harasment civil.and human right violation including labor department violations. They allowed my plano etl harrass me and abused me mentally among other things. They would not do a thing to.help me. I am on the verge if needing medication cause of this store. I am scared for my life I reported thefts during remodel for pfresh my car tires are slashed and gas exhaust cut so I could die. This happened many times to me. Management said if I say or make phone calls its call retalliation and they would make me pay. Promotion are staged. What can I do. I am scared afraid unable to be out in public.

transfer or quit, regardless that store and place in particular isn't doing you good

Run to a lawyer, and sue for everything you can. Don't call Hotline, or get anyone involved without a lawyer. And Google around before picking one, don't go with one you saw on TV.

Like HLM said document everything and try to keep it as fact based as possible with only the information as to time, people involved, what was said, etc.
You can put in your feelings and impressions later.
If this is as serious as you say (and you are the only one who can evaluate that) do call or email the integrity hotline (the info is in HLMs sig).
If there is retaliation for that then do the following:
You can talk to a lawyer, you will find they are reluctant to take a case if Spot has done a good job of firing you namely filing out all their paper work correctly.
So as HardlinesFour said you need to look around not only for a good one but for one who won't screw you when it's over.
In this day and age, law suits can be tricky things.
There are ways to do it on your own as well.
You can go online and find the locations of the EEOC and the Division of Civil Rights.
Follow the procedures for filing.
Don't expect results quickly, they take a long time.

Oh and welcome to The Break Room.
Sorry this had to be your first post.

Last edited:
I hate that my manager doesn't want to put me in electronics, I really want to be there mainly for the raise but i really know a lot about electronics and i get the attachments and warranties and red cards there the team lead wants me there too but the manager doesn't and its only because Im really good at HBA yet i cant really help all the women guest there
For the reason that half the department is makeup and I'm a guy so i wouldn't know what their color is and all that other stuff.
And then she goes and hires a new guy!!

Anytime you are being mistreated in the workplace you want to do a few things. First, record EVERY detail of EVERY interaction you have with ANY supervisor or member of management. Ideally you want to RECORD the exchange with your cell phone or a micro recorder. While that is "technically" against policy, I recommend you do it, and just don't tell them! It'll help you remember EVERY detail of the exchanges to PROTECT you and give you the EVIDENCE you need to WIN this harassment case. Second, you want to go to the person ABOVE the person who is abusing you in the workplace to make them aware of the person's abusive behavior. Ideally, you SHOULD be able to just tell the manager/supervisor DOING the abuse that you FEEL their treatment of you is Abusive and Harassing and you would like them to treat you in a more Respectful manner, but people like this DONT CARE and WONT CHANGE under MOST circumstances. If you don't feel the abusing person's superior is being HELPFUL towards the situation, then go ABOVE them! So if it's your TL go to your Sr. Tl or ETL, if it's your Sr.TL go to ETL, if it's your ETL go to your STL if it's your STL go to you either the Employee Relations and/or the Let Us Know Program. The TMSC used to give out your ERDR Emloyee Relations District Resouce or DTL District Team Lead

Target1984, so you're saying that at your store they have: violated your human rights; violated your civil rights; mentally harass and abuse you; stolen from you; slashed your car tires; threatened you; cut your gas exhaust; put so much fear in you that you can't go out in public; and attempted to murder you? I have already alerted the authorities in York, PA about this situation. There are only two stores there, and the authorities have been informed that you work on the planogram team so they can find you for questioning. I also told them that they are staging promotions. If the government hasn't handled this by tomorrow afternoon then you call me and I will come there personally and rectify the situation.

That One Guy, I tried to help you out too. I explained your situation to them but all they said is "THAT ONE GUY IS STRONK. GENDER DON'T REAL."

What a ridiculous, offensive response to someone who is in need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back