Archived Bakery Team Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have a mature team, not necessarily old but TMs that understand there are no cut corners in food.You have to be very organized in bakery with the orders for cakes, rolls etc. A solid routine around cleanliness is a must. Steritech can be your very worst nightmare if you don't have cleanliness expectations that are executed flawlessly day in and day out. The actual baking part is not that tough. Silly little tip- when interviewing for bakery/deli positions, look at their nails. If they are dirty, pass on that person! This has never failed me, ha! ha!

You must have a mature team, not necessarily old but TMs that understand there are no cut corners in food.You have to be very organized in bakery with the orders for cakes, rolls etc. A solid routine around cleanliness is a must. Steritech can be your very worst nightmare if you don't have cleanliness expectations that are executed flawlessly day in and day out. The actual baking part is not that tough. Silly little tip- when interviewing for bakery/deli positions, look at their nails. If they are dirty, pass on that person! This has never failed me, ha! ha!
Yes! Same for any of the food areas. Another sure no is if they can't keep their hands away from their face or hair.

Is it a difficult TL position?

Our Bakery/Deli TL seems like she's always "on call". Meaning..... once she leaves at the end of her shift, she always says, "If BakeryBob calls out tomorrow morning, I can come in and get everything started. Call me as soon as you hear from BakeryBob." This is a constant thing w/ her. She is very protective of her department(s). It's like she runs her own little country..... she rarely asks for help. From what I can tell.... she is very routine and methodical. Not much gets past her. If the role is difficult, you would never know it from her. She seems very under-control.

Her biggest challenges seem to be personnel-related. She had quite a few "Bobs". When she came to our store, she set the expectation bar HIGH..... but, it's food ! The expectation better be HIGH ! A lot of performance/coaching issues ensued. She has a pretty solid team now.

@redeye58 with Knives... :p:D;)
girl-holding-knife-isolated-white-69140913.jpg

What's yer point?

I just transferred from full time deli production tm to full time bakery tm.. With my deli/bakery TL baking on my 2 days off. And we only have 1 cake decorator. The previous baker transferred to meat and I was only scheduled for 2 training days..... The bake isn’t too bad, but ordering and pulls are a nightmare. My freezer doesn’t get WiFi reception so it takes years for the location to pop up. Also, they moved around all of our TLs for some odd reason. Deli/bakery moved to Starbucks.. Starbucks went to meat/produce/dairy.. and meat/dairy came to us.. it was an absolute shit show.

I just transferred from full time deli production tm to full time bakery tm.. With my deli/bakery TL baking on my 2 days off. And we only have 1 cake decorator. The previous baker transferred to meat and I was only scheduled for 2 training days..... The bake isn’t too bad, but ordering and pulls are a nightmare. My freezer doesn’t get WiFi reception so it takes years for the location to pop up. Also, they moved around all of our TLs for some odd reason. Deli/bakery moved to Starbucks.. Starbucks went to meat/produce/dairy.. and meat/dairy came to us.. it was an absolute shit show.
Pillsbury Dough Boy 🎂

Presumably, so that the Zebra's can connect to the network in order to do pulls/ordering. Being In a super, even being nearby the cooler/freezer, I've encountered the network can drop out.
It's been dropping out, that's why some team members would just put shit in the waco but not backstocked. I don't blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back