Archived Base Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it is being, well they are trying to, keep it real quiet but the base pay/starting wage is going up to __

the people who have been there a long time are not so pleased nut are understanding and just annoyed to the extreme as they get jack squat

well it is being, well they are trying to, keep it real quiet but the base pay/starting wage is going up to __

the people who have been there a long time are not so pleased nut are understanding and just annoyed to the extreme as they get jack squat
It's going up to 10 dollars. Everyone was informed last year. It went up to 9 dollars this year, and will be going up to 10 dollars next year.

It kind of does suck. They should do a cost of living increase across the board. For example raise everyone's pay by the dollar or you could even do a percent. Now you could have cashiers that have been working at Target 10 years making the same as a new TM.

Last edited:
It's going up to 10 dollars. Everyone was informed last year. It went up to 9 dollars this year, and will be going up to 10 dollars next year.

It kind of does suck. They should do a cost of living increase across the board. For example raise everyone's pay by the dollar or you could even do a percent. Now you could have cashiers that have been working at Target 10 years making the same as a new TM.
Yup. I make 40 cents more than the guy who got hired four months ago. If he gets a better raise when the pay increase again he will make more after me being there five years. Complete bullshit.

5 years and no fuckin raise wtf.

Let's see if my stl takes a pay cut back to 5 years ago. I don't think so.
Most of us got raises, but if you got twenty cents or less a year, which is common for my store, the dollar pay raise wipes it out.

My store is raising the base pay starting November 1st. It's going up a pretty significant amount (not to $10) and it's specific to our store and our inability to find and retain new hires.

The STL was trying to pull aside everyone one on one so that the longtime TMs making just a bit more didn't hear about it and get upset... And that plan failed miserably in less than 2 hours.

I'm still relatively new and so I'm quite pleased with the decent bump (though that may change if they are actually able to hire more TMs and my hours get slashed).

If they are raising the base for new hires $1, then current employees should get a $1 raise also.

Target is having trouble with turnover because people don't feel appreciated.

I'm not paid to make these decisions but I would think the cost of increasing everyone's pay would be cheaper than hiring and training a new person who is going to quit 3 weeks later.

^This.
Even doing away with drug testing in some areas, it's far more expensive to hire & train a newbie that retain an experienced TM.

Hello all!
First time on here haven't even had my first day yet but just did my 2nd interview with a offer and starting pay was changed from 10 to 12$ by the HR lady thought it was wierd but wasn't going to complain. Then I saw this post and wondering why

Hello all!
First time on here haven't even had my first day yet but just did my 2nd interview with a offer and starting pay was changed from 10 to 12$ by the HR lady thought it was wierd but wasn't going to complain. Then I saw this post and wondering why
Depends on your position & Dept.

Depends on your position & Dept.

I just applied online for what ever was open, happened to be sales floor? My paper work the HR lady gave me says sales floor hard line. So I guess I should ask what does that mean? And is that why she changed my pay? Thanks

Base pay went up to $10 a few months ago in my store too. If my previous years' raises were added to the new base pay for backroom, I'd be making $13+ and...it'd be nice but I know it was unrealistic to expect that from a place like Target. They aren't Costco and will never be, they don't care about their workers.

The only reason they're raising base pay is to match Walmart. Walmart did it because many states raised their minimum wages or are getting ready to and they wanted to get ahead of it.

Last edited:
I just applied online for what ever was open, happened to be sales floor? My paper work the HR lady gave me says sales floor hard line. So I guess I should ask what does that mean? And is that why she changed my pay? Thanks
You might be a salesfloor tm.

Hello all!

Whaaaaat? that's cray. I'm HL and I'm only going up to $10. And this is in a high cost of living area.

Union time? The union would shut this shit down!
Union would cause everyone to have equally shitty pay.

Base pay at my unionized 2nd job is several dollars less than base pay at my Target store.

Hello all!
Hell yeah I'd work hardlines for $12/hr!

Guess I'm just lucky, because at our store everyone just got bumped up the difference between the old pay and the new one. So when I was making $9.75, I got bumped up to $11.25 since our base pay went up to $10.50.

If I hadn't left, my pay would have gone up to 11.75 on the 20th, which is exactly what a brand new person makes. I worked at Target for 5 years, I started at 8.75 and worked my butt off to get to 11.16 with absolutely no base pay increases that were not merit increases. It's complete BS. I know so much about operations, I know more about my job than my ETLs did, and I know how to do most things in the store. Target likes to slap people in the face.

Base pay went up to $10 a few months ago in my store too. If my previous years' raises were added to the new base pay for backroom, I'd be making $13+ and...it'd be nice but I know it was unrealistic to expect that from a place like Target. They aren't Costco and will never be, they don't care about their workers.

The only reason they're raising base pay is to match Walmart. Walmart did it because many states raised their minimum wages or are getting ready to and they wanted to get ahead of it.
The reason my old store is raising flow's pay (and I think across the whole store but I'm not sure) is to compete with the new Costco that will be opening in January, they said that they hope to match whatever pay Costco is going to have.

It's going up to 10 dollars. Everyone was informed last year.

I don't recall being informed of anything of the sort.

Union would cause everyone to have equally shitty pay.

Base pay at my unionized 2nd job is several dollars less than base pay at my Target store.

That seems weird. Couldn't possibly be the case here as Target base pay is barely higher than state minimum wage. Min wage is $8.15, Target pays N03 $9.00.

Guess I'm just lucky, because at our store everyone just got bumped up the difference between the old pay and the new one. So when I was making $9.75, I got bumped up to $11.25 since our base pay went up to $10.50.

I made $9.50, I went up to $10.30 when they raised our base pay to $9.00.

I think you and I are in similar scenarios though. I don't think we were lucky, so much as base pay for every paygrade went up. ie. If you had been a cashier making $9.75 you'd have been bumped to $10.50, not $11.25.

If base pay at my store went to $10.50 I'd similarly expect to make $11.50, but not $11.80. ie. Base GSA pay would be $11.50, I'd make less than that, so get bumped to that, I wouldn't retain the $0.30 over base pay that I currently make though.

The reason my old store is raising flow's pay (and I think across the whole store but I'm not sure) is to compete with the new Costco that will be opening in January, they said that they hope to match whatever pay Costco is going to have.

Interesting. We've had a Costco within 5 miles of our store since 2012 and our base pay never budged. After Walmart announced their basepay increase last year, our store's went up to $9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back