Archived Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had someone ask if we took used printer cartridges for recycling. I sent them to guest services because I have no idea.

A couple minutes later guest services was asking over the walkie if we do cartridge recycling. LOL.

My county has a recycling zone where you can bring things like electronics, fluorescent bulbs, batteries, paint, etc. and they don't even accept regular batteries--they just told us to throw them away. Rechargeable batteries are different, but regular alkaline batteries don't get recycled.

Everything except trash that goes into the four recycling bins should technically be processed and sent back either in the stores recycling or through the ESIM process. Doesn't really happen that way in most stores but that's the intended outcome from those bins.

Mine usually end up in the recycle bucket that says MP3s and such.

Aklalines don’t get recycled but we do have to process them as ESIM

Aklalines don’t get recycled but we do have to process them as ESIM

That makes sense, but for customers bringing in alkalines for recycling, they should be handed back to the customers for them to dispose of. Or any batteries, really, as I don't think our store does any sort of battery recycling. I would direct them to the county site, which is free for county residents, but that's probably not the norm most places.

Process as ESIM, they always end up in the bin with old cell phones and MP3 players..

We don't recycle them as practice but people drop them off so we process them.

ESIM. Bag them up! We bag ours up like ESIM and then they go in a box with a label indicating the contents are batteries. Also, any phones that get put in recycling have their batteries removed too.

That's how we handle them at GS, I have no clue what we do with them after that.

Our store takes batteries that guests bring in for recycling. Problem is when we get a bunch dropped of at GS and we don't have the time to process them for disposal in the ESIM bin.

Ah yeah I forgot there's a battery ESIM bin. We don't have guests bringing them in for recycling as far as I know. Or if we do, it just winds up in the trash like bottle and can recycling.

Everything except trash that goes into the four recycling bins should technically be processed and sent back either in the stores recycling or through the ESIM process. Doesn't really happen that way in most stores but that's the intended outcome from those bins.
Yes because in reality all those bags except the battery one get emptied every night and dumped...into the compactor. We just tell no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back