Archived Be Bold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I've been doing exactly what I was instructed to do. I just gave it to them. I see this as a huge mistake. Either our guests don't know how to read signs. Or they do, and will start lying through their teeth to get gift cards... Stupid, "WELL THE SIGN SAID IT BACK THERE!!! COME WITH ME AND I"LL SHOW YOU!!" "Mam, I just had a team member check, he said it was signed properly. You need a smart phone to get the gift card." "COME BACK THERE WITH ME AND I"LL SHOW YOU!!" "Mam, I can't abandon the service desk." "I WANT A MANAGER!"

One time I had a woman who put up the biggest stink about a $5 gift card on toilet paper packages. I mean she was down right rude and nasty about it too. I was on the lanes and I did a price inquiry and I told her she was supposed to by TWO of them to get the gift card.

Guest: "The sign back there said ONE, are you saying I'm a liar?"

Me: "I'm sorry ma'am it is supposed to be two, unless that is an old sales sign they forget to take down then we will change it for you anyways."

Guest: "I am going back there RIGHT NOW TO GRAB THAT SIGN AND SHOW YOU. I am supposed to be somewhere else right now and this is ridiculous"

Me: "Okay, if you want to leave your cart here, I will watch it" in head: Yeah, it is ridiculous you're having an argument about toilet paper giftcards. when you have more important engagements

First, she goes to the service desk to complain and to also tell them she's going back there and wants to see a manager. LOD comes to the front and asks what happened and GSTL explains. He said "Just give her $-5 off anyways. I dont want to deal with it" Guest comes back with the sign and admits she's wrong and just leaves with embarrassment.

It's hard to be bold and vibe when people just want to be shitty just because they can. We shouldnt have to give the farm away in the process, such as letting them return TV's that weren't bought at the store and receiving $400 gift cards. Ridiculous...

Some stores are taking this be bold initiative too far. Taking back TVs that weren't bought at Target and giving the person $400 gift cards? That doesn't even make sense.

How do you take back a tv that was never sold at Spot? You would have to basically return another tv and call it close enough, wouldn't you?

We had the TP gift card argument this week too. Sorry I will go by the signs, if there is doubt after checking, I will settle it in the guest favor. I always tell the guest I want to see it so I know next time. It does diffuse some guests who are angry, but not all.

The worst part about the TV situation we had was that our AP-ETL green lit the return after I told Mr. and Mrs. Shady no. Mr. Shady correctly avoided me when he came back down to Electronics to figure out what he was going to spend his new found wealth on, and ended up just leaving.

On a side note, the same ETL approved a sale of iTunes cards to the tune of 15K in Target gift cards to a guy who was clearly suspect and making "deals" on his phone while they were counting out the cards. His excuse was "well, we made sales"...

The worst part about the TV situation we had was that our AP-ETL green lit the return after I told Mr. and Mrs. Shady no. Mr. Shady correctly avoided me when he came back down to Electronics to figure out what he was going to spend his new found wealth on, and ended up just leaving.

On a side note, the same ETL approved a sale of iTunes cards to the tune of 15K in Target gift cards to a guy who was clearly suspect and making "deals" on his phone while they were counting out the cards. His excuse was "well, we made sales"...

Wait 15K? As in $15,000? As in fifteen thousand? Am I reading this correctly?!

You are reading it correctly. $15,192 or something odd like that. I scoffed when it happened to other stores. A store in Connecticut, IIRC, had 34K in iTunes cards purchased with 291 Target gift cards in one day. We would never go for it at my store, I said. Never say never. He wiped out everything we had on the floor, checklanes and all.

I was on back-up and I was bold doing whatever the guest said the sign back there it says it is on sale...... So I changed the price.... I am supposed to get this item free if you buy this ( again being bold the item was under 5.00) The lines were huge and I didn't have a walkie so I did a store coupon. I just hope oops they forget to tell us once and I get a call back into the office and the ETL says TeamTarget you did alot of price changing ( I say I was being bold) and they said yes we understand that but you can only be bold once and that is it I am so sorry this is a verbal and a written be warned if you do this again you will be fired.

Saw one of my ETLs with a leaflet that said BE BOLD on the front... They haven't really spoken to us about it though yet, least I haven't heard anything.

Cautiously bold? Talk back in a whisper??

We've got a cashier that is bold about when it is time for her to leave for the day. She tells guests that she is closed, she's worked hard and it is time for her to go home. Guests never seem to question her. If I did that I'm sure I'd get heck from our leadership!

The way my GE explained "be bold" during huddle yesterday, it's a bigger focus on those guests who aren't satisfied with their experience. My GE gets an email with a guests information whenever they tell us they were unsatisfied, and she has to call them and ask about their experience, find out who helped them, what went wrong, etc etc, and make a judgement call from that information. Which, in my opinion, is pretty justifiable. If there are a few team members consistently providing poor guest service, I want them to take the fall for their own mistakes, rather than having our execs tear us a new one during every huddle.

You are reading it correctly. $15,192 or something odd like that. I scoffed when it happened to other stores. A store in Connecticut, IIRC, had 34K in iTunes cards purchased with 291 Target gift cards in one day. We would never go for it at my store, I said. Never say never. He wiped out everything we had on the floor, checklanes and all.
We had do a best buy price match on iTunes gift for over 2k.

We had do a best buy price match on iTunes gift for over 2k.

You know...I'm fine with Price Matching in general (except that we can't use our TM discount on some stuff), but we also have a "reserve the right to limit quantities" policy. That's not followed so much.

Raises we're never gonna be good...this year or any year.

But seriously, it's hard to be bold in a store that is going to punish you for being bold. That's actively working against what they're supposed to be striving towards. Smh.

On a side note, I hate corporate buzz words because they become meaningless almost instantly and many times they are meaningless to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back