Archived Be Bold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive given up worring about it. its targets ass and money not coming out of my pocket until next review time .. which i am fully expecting to not be working there by then so i dont care.

Pretty much, ZG. That's why I just add that on at the end and just go on with whatever is going on. If Spot doesn't care to schedule or wants to give the store away, I sure as hell don't get paid enough to second guess them or care too much.

Pretty much, ZG. That's why I just add that on at the end and just go on with whatever is going on. If Spot doesn't care to schedule or wants to give the store away, I sure as hell don't get paid enough to second guess them or care too much.
Next time I have to run the front lanes and need to "be bold" I am going to be like Oprah--"YOU get $5 off this just cause you said so...And YOU get $10 off...Everrrrrrrrryone gets whateveeeeeeer they waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant! *cue music and applause*"

Is anyone else allowing paper ad price challenges at the registars. My stl says that is just being bold just do it but he alos has us return items that the guest doesnt bring in so who knows....

Yeah thats what I have been doing but we are a huge coupon store and now guests just go to the checklanes and we have to be bold and just adjust the price and put it as damage so it wont come up on the price challenge report

That sounds in-line with the "Be Bold" idea. If it wasn't already a thing, they'd probably have made the slogan "Just Do It."

In electronics, we no longer need to send anyone to guest service to price match. We just do it right there on the spot. Our STL says we must VIBE the moment. I say, Target, is "name your price" shop. We are your closeted eBay chain.

my "Be Bold" moment of the month...

I had a guest looking for zip-ties... for the life of me I couldn't find them, and asked over the walkie multiple times... with no response (I was in market and had NO time for this no response bullshit).. So I bolded it hard, up to guest services ,after I asked how many he needed..

Grabbed a bunch, and gave em to him.

He then went back to shopping.

Last edited:

I had a guest looking for zip-ties... for the life of me I couldn't find them, and asked over the walkie multiple times... with no response (I was in market and had NO time for this no response bullshit).. So I bolded it hard up to guest services after I asked how many he needed..

Grabbed and bunch, and gave em to him.

They're usually in automotive (or used to be).
Good job on making the customer happy.

I had a guest looking for zip-ties... for the life of me I couldn't find them, and asked over the walkie multiple times... with no response (I was in market and had NO time for this no response bullshit).. So I bolded it hard up to guest services after I asked how many he needed..

Grabbed and bunch, and gave em to him.

They're usually in automotive (or used to be).
Good job on making the customer happy.
They are in home improvement, next extension cords, too.

I had a guest looking for zip-ties... for the life of me I couldn't find them, and asked over the walkie multiple times... with no response (I was in market and had NO time for this no response bullshit).. So I bolded it hard, up to guest services ,after I asked how many he needed..

Lol i did the same thing about 2 weeks ago

I had a guest who wanted some repack boxes,etl said no problem,grabbed 6 brand new boxes and even brought them outside for the guest!

Is any other store matching other Spot's clearance prices? Someone asked for me to do that today (it was like a 30 dollar difference) and I declined. I could have been bold, but I didn't see why she just didn't buy it at the other Spot to begin with (it was some bathroom furniture thing).

Im not very BOLD i dont match other clearance dont give them what they want when I know they r wrong today I had a guest want me to do 25 dollars in missed coupons on his receipt refused to let me write coupons applied on his receipt just yelled at me. But Lod gave him 30 for the inconvenience jsut so he can go to another target store and do it to them

Giving repack boxes to guests? Wow. The ETLs at my store would destroy your butthole if you did that.

I wish all stores would be on the same boat with all this Be Bold Stuff. Seems each store is deciding for themselves what the limits will be. At our store there seems to be no limits, I only found this out recently, when our DTL came to walk the store, asked a team member "If you had a guest who wanted to pay $100 for a $1000 TV what would you do?" The team member responded "I wouldnt do it, thats not within reason." The DTL's response was...."Do it." I about fell over! And this came from a DTL, but after reading other posts, like the 10 to 30 percent post, which I feel is reasonable to make a guest happy, I realized Spot has not made it a cut and dry to all stores what it means to BE BOLD. Again, such inconsistancies company wide.
:confused: what the who..... this defies all belief. I thought it was within logical reason that we could be bold. that isn't reason that's batshit on a sandwich. someone smack that DTL quick!

It is almost comical how things just recycle after so long. When I first started with T, it was all about guest satisfaction and making it right for the guest.Huge push on guest service with everything. We were told to be creative with end caps to drive sales. We even had contests between departments to see who could build the most productive end cap. That soon made way to Speed is Life....timing was the key focus. Multitask! Get that guest in and out.Then it was being "Brand" every store should be identical to every other store.Then it turned to whats the policy this week?NO exceptions to the return policy. It has to be new and unused. You used it and didn't like it? No problem we take it back. Sure we price match, NO we don't price match, yes we will price match. Its like this company can't make a decision.So now we are going back to the beginning. Being Bold is taking charge of your area and being creative to drive sales along with guest satisfaction. Thinking"outside the Bullseye (box)" Okay not my company I don't care what path you are taking. My problem is they can't stick to a strategy! The team is confused, the guest is confused. You can't be everything to everybody. Sell a good product at a fair price. Make policies and stand by them.We are not Walmart, we are not Macy's. Know your identity and stand by it.

What this company needs is MUCH MORE input on the corporate level from people who work in the metaphoric trenches (us, so we have a voice). Also: Require all corporates to work two weeks in a high volume store as TMs, various departments, for the same pay and rules as TMs.
put Stinehaffel on undercover boss let him see just what his stores are being hit with under his rule

It is almost comical how things just recycle after so long. When I first started with T, it was all about guest satisfaction and making it right for the guest.Huge push on guest service with everything. We were told to be creative with end caps to drive sales. We even had contests between departments to see who could build the most productive end cap. That soon made way to Speed is Life....timing was the key focus. Multitask! Get that guest in and out.Then it was being "Brand" every store should be identical to every other store.Then it turned to whats the policy this week?NO exceptions to the return policy. It has to be new and unused. You used it and didn't like it? No problem we take it back. Sure we price match, NO we don't price match, yes we will price match. Its like this company can't make a decision.So now we are going back to the beginning. Being Bold is taking charge of your area and being creative to drive sales along with guest satisfaction. Thinking"outside the Bullseye (box)" Okay not my company I don't care what path you are taking. My problem is they can't stick to a strategy! The team is confused, the guest is confused. You can't be everything to everybody. Sell a good product at a fair price. Make policies and stand by them.We are not Walmart, we are not Macy's. Know your identity and stand by it.

What this company needs is MUCH MORE input on the corporate level from people who work in the metaphoric trenches (us, so we have a voice). Also: Require all corporates to work two weeks in a high volume store as TMs, various departments, for the same pay and rules as TMs.
put Stinehaffel on undercover boss let him see just what his stores are being hit with under his rule

That's funny. Two weeks ago, one of the TMs I've seen around for a while but never talked much to (he's more that side, I'm more the other side of the store) asked me if I'd ever seen that show. I'd caught enough previews and slices to know what it was about... he said he thought I was one of the Undercover Boss participants, and he couldn't understand why I was still working flow/whatever so many months later.

I'm a disheveled middle-aged man who may seem like he can do better than $9/hr but really, obviously, I can't.

Giving repack boxes to guests? Wow. The ETLs at my store would destroy your butthole if you did that.

Literally giving away the store.

He's too dumb to take the hints though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back