Archived Be on the lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Be on the lookout for team members quitting soon! I was pulled into the office this am and was given the option of resigning or being fired. I turned in the paperwork for my two weeks today. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but just wanted to remind everyone that this is the time of year that people are let go. I've enjoyed lurking on the forums. Godspeed to those who can put up with this company anymore. 2 years down the drain!

Hi everyone. Be on the lookout for team members quitting soon! I was pulled into the office this am and was given the option of resigning or being fired. I turned in the paperwork for my two weeks today. I know I'm in the wrong forum, but just wanted to remind everyone that this is the time of year that people are let go. I've enjoyed lurking on the forums. Godspeed to those who can put up with this company anymore. 2 years down the drain!

Why were you pulled into the office and what was the justification for that conversation?

I was a cashier. I've done lots of other things for Spot too. They've talked to me about attendance- that's it. I'm a full time student. I was only getting 4 hours anyway. I think a lot of it is politics too. We have some really crap TLs. They basically wanted me to work more than my availability. I don't feel bad. Time to job hunt.

You should've let them fire you....you would've had a chance at unemployment that way ;) In most states, as long as you were a student WHILE you were working, you can still qualify for unemployment under a special program....

Yep that's true. If you are given the choice of being fired or resigning, always take getting fired because you can usually get unemployment as long as you didn't hurt or kill anyone or steal anything.

Part of me is wondering if certain people at my store are being "encouraged" to quit....of course, nobody has the cojones to actually come out and give them the ultimatum, they're just slowly making the work environment unbearable....

Lets give the OP the benefit of the doubt people. Students at my store sometimes had scheduling issues due to classes/etc. Sometimes NOT their fault but the TL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back